What You Don't Know About April

What You Don't Know About April

127
What You Don't Know About April

Lets face it, April is a tiring month for college students. You're entering that post-Spring Break slump where time feels like it's dragging and you're seriously considering moving to the beach to become a professional beach bum. Finals are right around the corner, and if you're a senior, so is the much anticipated yet simultaneously dreaded graduation. But what about the things you don't know about April like the national holidays (serious and otherwise)? Well, I'm here to inform you and take your mind off of classes that you're not really paying attention to anyways.

Overall, April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month, National Autism Awareness Month, Sexual Assault Awareness Month, and Stress Awareness Month - just to name a few. On the funnier side of things, it is also National Fresh Celery Month, National Soft Pretzel Month, National Straw Hat Month, and National Safe Digging Month.

April 1st is obviously April Fool's Day (and National Sourdough Bread Day).

April 2nd is National Ferret Day and National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day.

April 3rd is National Chocolate Mousse Day and National Tweed Day.

April 4th is National Hug a Newsperson Day, National School Librarian Day, and National Walk Around Things Day.

April 5th is National Caramel Day and National Deep Dish Pizza Day.

April 6th is National Sorry Charlie Day and National Walking Day.

April 7th is National Beer Day and National Coffee Cake Day.

April 8th is National Zoo Lovers Day.

April 9th is National Name Yourself Day.

April 10th is National Encourage a Young Writer Day and National Siblings Day.

April 11th National Barber Shop Quartet Day and National Cheese Fondue Day.

April 12th is National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day and National Library Workers Day.

April 13th is National Thomas Jefferson Day and National Bookmobile Day.

April 14th is National Dolphin Day and National Support Teen Literature Day.

April 15th is National Titanic Remembrance Day and National Glazed Spiral Ham Day.

April 16th is National Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day.

April 17th is National Bat Appreciation Day and National Cheeseball Day.

April 18th is National Animal Crackers Day and National Lineman Appreciation Day.

April 19th is National Amaretto Day and National Garlic Day.

April 20th is National Cheddar Fries Day and National Lima Bean Respect Day.

April 21st is National Chocolate Covered Cashews Day and National High Five Day.

April 22nd is National Earth Day and National Jelly Bean Day.

April 23rd is National Lost Dogs Awareness Day and National Talk Like Shakespeare Day.

April 24th is National Pigs in a Blanket Day and National Pet Parents Day.

April 25th is National Hug a Plumber Day.

April 26th is National Help a Horse Day and National Pretzel Day.

April 27th is National Babe Ruth Day and National Prime Rib Day.

April 28th is National Blueberry Pie Day.

April 29th is National Zipper Day and National Hairball Awareness Day.

April 30th is National Adopt a Shelter Pet Day and National Bugs Bunny Day.

So, if you're stuck with nothing to do one day this month, just celebrate one of these (and more not listed) holidays!