Kaepernick Sitting During The National Anthem

4

I read a lot of different comments this week regarding this situation. I too can see both sides of the argument. The national anthem is something where you stand up for out of respect. Yes there has been injustice here in America for years and i feel like that is why Kaepernick did not want to stand up. Sometimes when things happen, you can’t always blame the entire population but those who caused it. So in this case, we can't blame the entire country for men’s decision. In the other side of things, no one can force you to do something you don’t want to do. I feel like since he did not stand up, people have been slamming him with different allegations as if he isn't a citizen with rights. I find it funny how people are JUST now realizing what Kaepernick has been doing. This is not the first time he’s sat down but because he was in his uniform this time, society wants to mention something. This shows how people like controversy. Anytime something does not go there way, they feel like they have to say something. Personally I do stand for the national anthem and the pledge as well, but I don’t sing nor say it because a lot of what I would be saying is not true.