What Is So Wrong With Being LGBTQ?

What Is So Wrong With Being LGBTQ?

People being gay doesn't impact my life, or your life, at all

430
What Is So Wrong With Being LGBTQ?
thepridela
The article below is simply my thoughts and opinions, and in no way am I trying to force my beliefs on to you, the reader.

This past week I wrote on article about the lights on top of Houston Cole Library, which can be found here. This article had a lot of positive response, but it also had a tremendous amount of negative response. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion like I always state, but the response to this article had me wondering...

What is so wrong with being LGBTQ?

Many people who are against people of this community state they do not approve of their practices because they are Christians. I am a Christian, and it does not bother me at all when I see a gay couple. Many people reference the Bible which states that homosexuality is a sin, but doesn't the same Bible say that lying is a sin? (I know there is a multitude of others, but I am using lying as an example.) Furthermore, doesn't the Bible state that all sins are equal? So, what makes being gay so much worse than lying? Now, you may talk to people who understand all sin is equal and those people think all sins are equally as bad, which is the correct way to go about things. My parents always raised me to believe that everyone is equal and just because they love someone of the same sex doesn't make them any worse than you.

People being gay doesn't impact my life at all-- so consider this hypothetical situation-- if you were to see someone stealing would you act out in disgust and constantly bash that person for stealing? Maybe for a day or two, but you wouldn't live your life worried about the person who committed theft? So why do you worry about someone in the LGBTQ community? Yes, in your eyes, the sin may be wrong, but why do you live out your days constantly trying to "fix" these people to believe your way or be your type of perfect? Now there are many people who do not have a problem with people who are gay because it does not concern them and their lifestyle-- which is the way I believe it should be. As Christians, we cannot possibly help everyone so why don't we focus more on helping ourselves before we try and "help" others? Some of the best people I know are part of the LGBTQ community, and I wouldn't trade their friendship for the world. I often talk with them about how it is to be a part of that community, and it pains my heart when they say that they are afraid to show and discuss who they love. I hope that one day we can all move towards of acceptance because someone loving someone of the same sex literally does not impact MY life in any way.

At the end of the day, if you don't like gay couples/marriage/etc.. just DON'T BE IN ONE. I know there are a thousand different facets and arguments that people can bring up about LGBTQ, but at the end of the day--- Don't marry someone of your sex, don't be with someone of your sex, etc if it makes you that upset. The glory of this life we have is getting to decide what we want to do with our time. So, instead of worrying about someone who is happily living their life, why don't you happily live yours? Other people's lives do not concern you, so stop worrying about it so much and live your life the best way you can.

If anything in this article peaked your interest about the LGBTQ community, you can check out their Facebook page.