What Type of Personal Injury Claim Was Your Accident?

9

The time required to process a personal injury claim It generally depends on the time the person requires medical treatment due to their injuries. Once medical treatment is complete, medical records must be obtained and provided to the insurance company that is evaluating the claim, after which negotiations can begin. This negotiation process generally takes 3-6 months after medical treatment is complete. If an issue is complicated (i.e. there are questions about who is to blame for the accident or incident or if the injuries were caused by the accident or incident), it may take longer to complete the case. The same is true if a lawsuit is filed, as the duration will be subject to the court's schedule and schedule.

What do I do with the medical bills that I receive as a result of the accident?

Generally, there is coverage for medical expenses by the insurance companies that are involved. For example, many states require a "no-fault" provision included in motor vehicle insurance policies, which provide coverage for medical expenses.

Please note, however, that there are often limits on the number of medical expenses that will be covered. Any medical bills not covered by this provision will be presented to your health insurance provider and will be subject to your health insurance co-payments, deductibles, and limits. It is also very important to understand the provisions of your health insurance coverage, as many health policies require the person to reimburse the health insurance company for expenses incurred as a result of an accident, once compensation is received. Review these provisions with the attorney representing you in the case to establish the best strategy for handling your medical bills.

When is it justified to litigate/fight your personal injury case in court?

A case is usually brought to court when an offer of compensation does not adequately compensate for the suffering that has been endured due to the accident or incident, or when the other party is unwilling to accept their legal responsibility.

After all, our compensation is directly related to your success and our firm depends on satisfied clients referring us to new clients.

As a passenger in a car that has been in an auto accident, can I file a claim for my injuries as a result of the auto accident?

Yes. Anyone who has been injured in an auto accident can file a claim. Sometimes a claim may be limited to reimbursement of certain medical expenses if you are responsible for the accident, however, as a passenger, you are generally not at fault for the accident and therefore would be entitled to file a full claim for medical expenses, compensation for damage, pain, and suffering, and for damage to your property.

Can I receive compensation for a personal injury case if I don't have a driver's license?

Yes. The operation of an unlicensed motor vehicle generally does not affect who is responsible for an automobile accident, and a person who has been injured in a motor vehicle accident and is not responsible for the accident may file a claim for medical expenses, compensation for pain and suffering and for damage to your property.

Can I receive compensation for a personal injury case if the car is not mine?

Yes. In general, car ownership does not affect whether or not you can file claims for injuries received. If a vehicle is not "properly" registered, this may affect its coverage under the insurance policy.
Insurance policies have complex vehicle registration rules that impact the scope of coverage.

How will my medical bills be paid if I am injured in an auto accident and have health insurance?

If you have health insurance and have been injured in an auto accident, the payment of your medical bills will depend on the state law where the accident occurred, the terms of your health insurance policy, and the terms of your insurance policies. the cars involved. In Massachusetts, all cars are generally required to have insurance that includes medical coverage that pays up to $ 2,000 in medical bills for an auto accident. After auto insurance has paid the initial $ 2,000 in medical expenses, additional medical bills are presented to your health insurance company for payment according to your health insurance policy and will, therefore, be subject to co-payments, deductibles, and limits thereof. It is important to understand the terms of your health insurance policy,

Additionally, some auto insurance policies offer additional coverage for medical expenses beyond the mandatory $ 2,000, so this should also be reviewed.

If the police say I am responsible for an automobile accident, can I file a personal injury lawsuit?

To obtain compensation for injuries caused by an automobile accident, you must not be at fault for the accident. In most cases, a police determination is not a final determination to establish culpability for an accident. A police determination, in general, can be reviewed by a court or an administrative council where the vehicle operator can present evidence showing that he or she was not at fault for the accident. However, if you are found to be at fault for the accident, you will not receive compensation for your injuries. It is important to review the reports issued by the police with your lawyer as soon as possible.

What happens if I don't complete my medical treatment for the accident? Does this affect my personal injury case?

Failure to complete medical treatment, in general, will have a negative impact on your personal injury claim. In Massachusetts, there is a requirement that a person has at least $ 2,000 in medical expenses to file a personal injury lawsuit. If medical treatment is stopped before you have incurred $ 2,000 in medical expenses, you generally will not be able to make an injury claim in Massachusetts.

If you have already incurred more than $ 2,000 in medical expenses, but stop your medical treatment before the doctor determines that such treatment is complete, this will reduce the value of your claim and your compensation, since your injuries may be considered less serious due to the fact that the treatment was stopped prematurely.

What are the steps in an accident injury case and how is my personal injury claim processed?

The following are the steps that our firm generally follows to process a personal injury claim:

1. Evaluate the case to determine who is responsible for the accident or injuries.

2. Notify the parties responsible for the existence of the claim.

3. Provide the required notifications to the insurance companies involved.

4.Request medical bills and records from all hospitals, doctors, or treatment centers that have provided care to the injured person.

5. In Massachusetts, if the injury occurred as a result of a motor vehicle accident, you may be required to complete and submit an application for medical expenses to be paid by the insurance company responsible for providing Personal Injury Protection (PIP) benefits. for its acronym in English).

6. If there is coverage for loss of wages, and the injured person has lost time from work, we will request the necessary documentation from the employer and we will file a claim for loss of wages, addressed to the corresponding insurance company.

7. An important element of the process is that the client receives all the required medical attention. This can take significant time.

8. Once all medical treatment is complete, we obtain all medical treatment records and file a claim for compensation with the appropriate insurance company.

9. We negotiate an agreement with the insurance company and present a recommendation to our client on whether to accept or reject a settlement offer.

10. In the event that negotiations do not result in receiving an acceptable offer of compensation, we may take additional legal action in court or through arbitration in order to obtain compensation or settle the claim.