The power of getting a "box of home" from your folks or friends is immeasurable. It fills you with a warm feeling that begins in your stomach and ends in your grin. It's honestly a moment. Who better to receive such a thoughtful package than a college student, especially a freshman? Here are just a few mailable items that would sure brighten up my or anyone else's day (ahem, parents and loved ones).

1. Homemade baked goods!

GIPHY

College kids definitely don't need help having access to surplus food, but 10/10 of students would still prefer something from their family than something from the dining hall. Nothing can replace homemade anything.

2. A self-care item.

GIPHY

This could be a face mask (sheet or clay) or body wash or... you know what? Just think LUSH.

3. Slippers and/or fuzzy socks.

GIPHY

This isn't Christmas when we were five. We will NOT be disappointed by receiving socks. We have been humbled. We appreciate these little necessary clothes to slip and slide around the halls; as true adults do.

4. A mug meant to be cupped in his/her paws.

GIPHY

This will get a lot of use. Caffeine and college courses are a joint-deal these days.

5. A journal and/or an adult coloring book.

GIPHY

The person getting these booklets are likely trying to function as an adult right now. They're learning constantly and would enjoy a break. Coloring books and journals are not just for the little kids in your life - they're for the "woman/man-child" just doing their best.

6. One bath bomb

GIPHY

I don't care what year it is, these are cool.

7. Something that smells all nice and seasonal.

GIPHY

Like a candle! (...but they probably aren't allowed to have a candle, so perhaps an essential oil, a lotion, a wad of cash, etc.)

8. Their absolute favorite snack or candy.

GIPHY

Hey, sugar, you're so sweet that you know what he/she likes and dislikes. Let's personalize this business while we are at it! Let him/her know that loving them is totally no truffle at all.

9. A giftcard to his/her local grocery store.

GIPHY

Walmart, H.E.B., or the luxurious and elusive Target are near many U.S. universities.

10. Tea packages.

GIPHY

I would like to introduce you to my good buds: Chamomile and Earl Grey. They're tea-rific and so are you!

11. One so-sweet-it'll-give-you-a-cavity handwritten card.

GIPHY

This part is where you can really communicate your feelings to the recipient. Personally, I believe that there's an art in crafting a handwritten letter that we should not quickly abandon. This timeless physical display of affection requires unplugging into creativity and thoughtfulness!

You're so kind for even wanting to send him/her a care package in the first place. Hopefully, this list helped!