What To Do When Your Thoughts Are Too Loud

God can literally bring you out of anything, even your own mind

1111
pinterest

I don’t know about any of you, but sometimes my thoughts are so loud they’re the only thing I can remotely hear and that isn’t always a good thing. Depression, anxiety, stress, worry, these are all things that in the quiet of the day can be like bullhorns in our head. That’s when the real world silence becomes deafening, and all you can do is dwell on these thoughts. It’s not fun.

For me, in the times of the day when there isn’t anyone around to talk too, or there isn’t anything to do to keep me occupied, I find it really hard to stay in a good mood and sadly its because my thoughts are not my best friends. It’s almost like that stereotypical moment at night whenever you try to go to sleep, but your brain decides to think of everything that has ever happened in the history of your life? Well that’s me, except it can happen at any time of the day, and it’s usually induced from nothing more than just being bored or not being busy enough.

While I sincerely hope whoever reads this can say at this point they don’t relate, I know that I am not alone, and so I hope if you do know what I am talking about then this list of solutions can benefit you in some way.

1. Are you worried?

-Don’t be; check out Matthew 6: 25-34

2. Are you exhausted?

-God can fix that too, check out Matthew 11:28-30

3. Are you feeling discouraged?

-I get that, but you got this! Read Isaiah 41:10

4. Are you feeling disappointed?

-That’s natural, this world wasn’t meant to uphold our expectations, but God will, try reading John 13:7

5. Are you searching for Joy?

-God can totally provide that, look up Romans 8:18

6. Do you need assurance?

-Hey everyone does, it’s okay, check out Jeremiah 29:11

7. Do you need a reminder of your blessings?

-I will be the first to admit sometimes a reminder helps, check out James 1:12

8. Do you feel sad?

-That’s natural and part of life, I understand, there’s remedy for that too, Psalm 56:8

9. Are you feeling lonely or afraid?

-Loneliness is one of my biggest struggles, so I get it, read Joshua 1:5

10. And sometimes, does it just seem like the world is bigger than God? It can just seem like there is too much for him to handle, or that you can’t surrender it all?

-I mean I totally understand, read 1 John 4:4, John 16:33, & Isaiah 14:27

I know that sometimes I perpetuate my problems to be much bigger than God, and when those thoughts are just sooooo loud I can’t function otherwise, it can be hard to let anything past that wall. Take heart though, God is good, and He has overcome so much for you. He sent his son to die for us, not that we should live in sorrow, doubt, or worry, but that we would praise him, love others, and love ourselves. So the next time the thoughts are deafening, or the moments when the bad clouds all the good, remember that God has laid out this wonderful manual that gives us all we need to navigate this crazy life. Don’t let the silence get so loud that you can’t hear God. He’s right there, always watching over you, and he just wants to see you succeed and feel joy.