Unfortunately, the end is near. Between the excitement and the tears, us seniors will be spending the next few weeks doing anything, and everything, that all UD seniors do in their last few weeks of college.
1. Getting absolutely no work done
Although this has been happening since September, we have now hit rock bottom. Senioritis is no longer a myth you have heard about from the ghost of seniors past, it is real, and it is alive.
2. Going to Grotto's more often than you go to class
There is nothing better than walking in to Grotto's at 11:00 A.M. and immediately saying, "Two Slater’s and a 007, please,” and sitting there for the rest of the day spending way too much money on rubber ducks.
3. Nightly heart-to-hearts with your best friends
When a fun Thursday night out turns in to a drunken love-fest with you best friends and nostalgia hits in full force.
4. El Diablo four times a week because you are too lazy to cook anymore
Cooking is no longer an option. So naturally, you become a regular at El Diablo and try everything on the menu… twice.
5. Way too many blue hen shots
Because obviously it’s a good idea to order rounds of shots for everyone at the bar since after graduation, one shot will probably put you over the edge.
6. Filling out more job applications than you can count
“Entry level position. Requires three to four years of experience.” OK well, that’s not happening. But let me apply anyway and then never hear back.
7. Bar crawls
Reminiscing with your freshmen floor, your study abroad group, the people you studied in the library with every Sunday night, and anyone else who will agree to drink down Main Street with you.
8. Trying to stay fit, but having no motivation to go to the gym
When the Freshmen 15 turns in to the Senior 25, you get motivation wherever you can find it.
9. Refusing to get out of bed unless it is Saturday and 75 degrees out
The morning struggle is all too real, and getting out of bed seems to get harder and harder.
10. Becoming a pro at making excuses to skip class
It has gotten way too difficult to go to class. So instead you start to think of every excuse you can to stay home.