What Should The World Get For Christmas?

25
drnorthrup.com

So I thought that it might be interesting to ask different people what they thought that the world could use for Christmas -- not saying that the world only celebrates Christmas, but it made the question cuter. It's a simple, cliché question, but I wanted to see how people feel about the world right now and if there were #trending sentiments. Here are some answers -- feel free to listen to this as you read.

"More 'Mistletoe' by Justin Bieber."

"Better access to the media and unbiased media sources."

"More puppies because they make everyone happy and they are really cute."

"Gun laws, duh."

"The world could definitely use more hours in a day. You know, for sleeping, doing leisure things, and having sex."

"It may seem cliche, but peace, tolerance, prosperity, and a heavy dose of laughter!"

"The world could use free air fare so that we're able to see the world."

"Better gun laws."

"Scented candles."

"One of those fancy Brookstone fans that goes at the foot of your bed to cool you down while you're sleeping, but for global warming."

"A new music genre, called Paltrock -- for pop, alternative, and rock."

"A reality check. l don't feel as though much has been done to address the violence that has hit a majority of the major countries of this world. I'm aware that these issues are beyond complicated to address, but I think the world should get the ability to face reality."

"I think for Christmas the world needs people to treat each other a little bit better."

"Chicken tenders and matzah ball soup."

"I think the world could really use the gift of security. Right now there are so many domestic and international threats. I think giving people security would be the best Christmas present."

"Inner peace!"

"A day where there are happy headlines in the news."

"A drop-and-go scooter lending system."

"Peace, of course."

What do I think that the world should get for Christmas? I think it should get a stocking with some chill pills, a pair of objective glasses to see what's actually going on, a few laughs, a generation of panda bears, a new DJ Earworm mashup, universal free WiFi, and its two front teeth. The world can be a pretty naughty place, but it can sure as heck also be pretty nice.