What It's Like To Be An Extroverted Introvert

It's not easy being an extroverted introvert. It's actually pretty hard.

55
Hdwallpapersrocks

There are over seven billion people in this world. Some of whom are introverted, and some are extroverted. And then there is the very small amount of people who are extroverted introverts. I, for one, am a part of that small percentage.

It's not easy being an extroverted introvert. It's actually pretty hard. People doubt that you're shy, and you often can't explain why it happens to you. You can be outgoing, but then you might feel the need to be alone.

Many people don't believe that there are such things as shy and outgoing people. I often hear "that's impossible, you're either shy or outgoing, you can't be both!"

But yes, you can be and I'm a living breathing example of one.

I'm a very loud, outgoing girl, of course around the people I'm comfortable with.

I'm the girl who makes things not awkward by cracking a joke.

I'm known as the loudest girl people have ever met, nobody could ever believe I'm shy.

Little do they know, they know me too well.

If you are one of my favorite teachers or my best friend, you have not seen my shy side. Now that side only comes out when meeting new people and when I'm around people whom I'm not comfortable with. If I'm in a class with a teacher I'm not fond of, I will not be my usual outgoing self.

I get nervous to call people on the phone or get my Chinese food delivery at my door. I fear the little things, but how, I'm so out there.

People never believe me when I say this, but I'm one of the most awkwardest people ever. I get so quiet that it gets weird. I often wish I was more outgoing in front of the people I'm not good with.

Another side effect of being this way is that I can be so down to go on an adventure, or I can just feel like sitting inside all day watching movies. There is no in between with me.

Small talk makes me sick. I can't handle small talk. It's too awkward, and I feel weird. Unless there is an actual point to the convo, or there is some underlying cause of the convo, I won't like it. I also have trouble with the basic conversational rules. "How are you?, nice to meet you, have a good day." Those words never seem to flow right out of my mouth.

Making new friends is very hard. I normally make friends through being around my other friends, which is because I'm able to be outgoing around them. But if I'm by myself and trying to make friends, it's not easy. I have to force convo out of my mouth. I wish it was just easy for me to talk to people.

Another thing that is difficult for me is reminding others to do things for me. If somebody promises me they will do something for me, and doesn't follow through or forgets, I have trouble reminding them. I feel it's too awkward and I'll just handle the situation out by myself at that point.

There are many things that go with being an extroverted introvert, and not necessarily good things. Tasks seem to be harder as an extroverted introvert, but I get through them. It just takes a little more effort for me to talk to people or do things even though I am already outgoing enough and should be able too. And it is very aggravating not being able to explain your thought process or how to describe yourself in one word, when two words can describe you. Although I'm not very fond of how I function, I'm glad I'm me, and I'm happy to be one of the few extroverted introverts on this planet.