What Life is Like When Your Best Friend Visits You at School

It's Been Waaay Too Long

10

Saying goodbye to your best friend for the summer as you leave for college is always hard. Although she goes to Providence, which is only a short 40 minutes away from Boston, it's very rare that I get to see her unless we have a break. So, when we get the chance to see each other at school it's always so exciting. She gets to meet and hang out with my roommates, and I get to hang out with hers. There are many exciting things to do when you have your best friend from home come to visit you at school, and we certainly made the most out of the limited time that we had.

One of the most exciting parts of this weekend was being able to go out with both my roommates and my best friend. Along with going out on Friday and Saturday, we were able to go to the game on Saturday and tailgate with a lot of my friends from school. It's always fun to have your friend visit for a football game because we were able to spend the entire day outside and meet a bunch of friends that I have at school. Also, this weekend was especially fun because her friends from Providence also came and I could spend the day with her, my roommates, and her roommates. After the game, I was able to show her around main campus, which was new since last year I lived in Newton on the freshman campus.

Along with Julia coming to visit, my roommate's parents also came for the game, and so we were all able to go out to dinner together. Having any kind of company at school is the perfect excuse to go out into Boston and get something good to eat, which is always better than the dining hall.

One of the best parts of this weekend was the fact that I only have to wait two more weeks until Thanksgiving to see her again. Usually, saying goodbye is really upsetting because I know that we won't be able to see each other again for awhile. Although I love being at school, I'm very excited to be able to see her again in only a few short weeks. And this time, I'll be reunited with all my girl friends from home.