15 Feels You Get When Your Long Distance Best Friend Vists

What a best friend reunion entails.

25

It's the weekend you have been waiting for all semester: your long distance best friend is coming to visit. You check your calendar, clear your plans, and get ready for some quality time with your favorite pal. After long months apart with only phone calls to hold you over, you are finally being reunited. Although you only have a a few days together, you're bubbling with excitement because anything done together is time well spent.

1. When you get the "I'll be there in five minutes" text.

After counting down all week, you're finally in the home stretch. Only minutes are keeping you two apart.

2. This is the longest five minutes of your life.

Your watch and phone say only three minutes have passed, but let's face it, you're pretty sure it has been 10.

3. Finally being reunited.

There they are! There they are! After months of not seeing each other you're finally face to face in person rather than Facetime.

4. Hugging it out for a solid 10 minutes.

This is only necessary. You are just making up for the hugs you missed out on these past few months.

5. You each have so much to say and end up overlapping in conversation.

Total word vomit commences. Although anything you have to say has probably already been said over text or Facetime, it just has to be reiterated in person.

6. A whole night is probably spent eating your weight in popcorn, playing card games, and watching your favorite movies.

Yes going out with your best friend is fun, but nothing compares to quality time being gross together inside.

7. Blasting and badly dancing to your shared Throwback Hip-hop playlist.

This is possibly the most important of all. It is not often that you and your best friend get to wobble together in the same room.

8. Consistently professing your love for one another.

You can't help but be thankful for each other's presence so reminders are constantly flowing back and forth.

9. You resume your traditional coffee dates.

Yes, you can talk anywhere, but it's always better with your favorite long winded drink order, snuggled up by a coffee shop window.

10. There is a lot of laying around and doing nothing, just like old times.

Hey, you can't always be doing something.

11. Wine night.

Box or bottle, red or white, whatever the case this is probably the highlight of your weekend together. Nothing pairs better than your best friend and your favorite wine.

12. You carry on your activities as a unit.

You morph into your final form: the conjoined friends who rarely leave one another's side.

13. You pretend your time together isn't limited to just the weekend and ignore the week ahead.

Nope, you refuse to acknowledge that your time together will soon expire. Throw away the calendars and hide the clocks, time is not relevant right now.

14. Eventually you have to wake up to the reality that your friend has to go back home and you both must resume your daily lives.

You both wake up thinking, "This is the worst day ever."

15. Cue crying.

You know you'll see each other again soon enough, but that isn't enough to keep you calm. Commence the water works, draw out hugs, and shouts of "I'll miss you so much!!!"

After your weekend together passes by in what seems like only ten minutes you say your tearful goodbye until next time. At least you have a ton of photos to hold you over until next time.