What It's Like To Be Ghosted

What It's Like To Be Ghosted

Why do people just stop answering?

149
What It's Like To Be Ghosted
washingtonpost

We guys and girls have all been there before. We have either ghosted someone, been ghosted or both. It really does suck when that person you are talking to just out of no ones stops answering texts, calls or applications, like Snapchat.

It feels as if you said or did something wrong, but you will just never know what it is because the other person just won't answer you anymore. I don't know about you, but I always wondered how someone can just forget about you and the conversations you had. How can someone just not answer a text or call out of nowhere. It just seems so weird to me the whole process of ghosting.

It usually starts with the person always messaging you, to slowly and slowly not replying. I have had many times that I am into a guy and everything goes great, until one day I just do not hear from him. I feel like as if I was not good enough for him, he found someone or I did/said something wrong. None of this could be true, but I feel as if they are just done or sick of me.

In the 21st century ghosting happens more than we think because it is so much easier to block someone on a cellphone and just never have to reply to them again. It is not like the old days where you had a home phone and anyone could answer or when people just showed up to your house for no reason. Now sadly, technology is more advanced and you never really have to see that person, instead you can be texting them for months and just randomly never see or hear from them again.

Now think of a time you have been ghosted. How did it feel? Would you want that feeling for someone else? Ghosting is a terrible thing and we need to put a end to it today.