What It Takes To Be A Boss Lady

What It Takes To Be A Boss Lady

You can get anywhere with a drive.

27
What It Takes To Be A Boss Lady
Capitol Photo Interactive

We've all heard the stigma growing up that the husbands go to work and the wives stay home with the kids, and this used to make me cry as a little girl. My mother always reassured me that I could be anything I wanted to be, and I never had to depend on a man financially or for anything on the matter. Being from a family that is extremely hardworking and did everything in their power to become successful, it gave me inspiration to do the same.

I aspire to be a Boss Lady.

What is a Boss Lady? Pretty self explanatory: you're a female entrepreneur, dedicated to your work and will whatever it takes to get to where you want to be. We crave for late nights working and early morning meetings to get a step closer to our goals. We are independent and only rely on ourselves when it comes to business. Boss Ladies can be whatever you picture a self-dependent, hardworking woman to be.

More importantly: what does it take to become a Boss Lady? It's simple: all you need is motivation and hard work. It won't be an easy journey, but it will most definitely be worth it. The hardest part is figuring out where you want to start and how you should go about doing it.

Take that first step.

Depending on what you want to do, there's always a first step. For example, the first step for a blogger would be to purchase a domain and create their own self-hosted website. Before you do anything, it's important to do your research and make sure you know everything you need to before jumping into it.

Promote yourself shamelessly.

Social media will be your biggest tool. Use a million hashtags, ask to collaborate with people in the same field, network your heart out and get yourself out there. The more people that see your name on social media, the more they'll remember it.

Think outside of the box.

Don't be like other people in your field, show what you bring to the table is unique and like nothing else. Create a logo like no one else's and have your brand stand for something different. Everyone is getting tired of seeing the same people all the time: be unique.

Be consistent with your work.

This is the biggest part. In order to get yourself out there and stay on top, you have to stay consistent. People get bored easy and won't be willing to look at your brand if you don't update, sell or talk about new things at least weekly. Keep your motivation up and work hard.

Don't be anyone but yourself.

No one wants to see a person pretend to be someone they aren't. Be 100 percent yourself, because no one seems to do that anymore in this world. Show that you truly enjoy what you do and let your personality shine, all while complimenting your badass never-take-no-for-an-answer attitude.