12 Leslie Knope Quotes That All Women Need To Hear

"Be the Leslie Knope of whatever you do."

3243
ETheHunter

One of the greatest role models of the 21st century is a character who we have all known to love and admire: Leslie Knope. Thanks to Amy Poehler, a television show provided all young women with a strong-willed woman to idolize. In a society that still has barriers between women and men, Knope represents the idea that we are all equivalent in power and ability. Women are strong and smart beings that can do anything a man can do, and they can do it better. The show begins with Knope as the Deputy of the Parks and Recreation Department and follows her on her journey of attempting to become the first female President. Her journey is inspiring all the way through and it’s because she never gives up. Her relentlessness is important for young women to see and understand. Her motivation has the ability to push other young women to achieve their dreams - regardless of the people who try to tell them they cannot reach their “big dreams.” Knope wants all young women to know that they should not stop doing what they want to do. Do not stop your growth as a successful being for anyone but yourself. Do something you love and do it for yourself. You can do absolutely anything that you set your mind to, and Leslie Knope represents that idea.

1. “I am big enough to admit that I am often inspired by myself.”

Your ideas and dreams are yours. Realistically, YOU push YOURSELF to be great through self-imposed inspiration.

2. “One person’s annoying is another’s inspiring and heroic.”

People may find your relentlessness obnoxious, but it's not. To others, your relentlessness may give them hope that reaching their dreams is possible. Very possible indeed.

3. “How does taking risks make me feel? Amazing. Tingling sensations throughout my whole body. I feel flushed. My muscles are relaxed yet awake.”

By taking risks, you are taking chances to be somewhat bigger and greater than where you are at currently. Be risky. Be bold in order to shine brighter.

4. “You know my code. Hoes before bros. Uteruses before duderuses. Ovaries before brovaries.”

No man should ever stop you from achieving your dreams. You don't stop for anyone.

5. “I guess some people object to powerful depictions of awesome ladies.”

Some people may not be at the level of understanding the equal capability of all humans. Do not let those people minimize your ability.

6. “What I hear when I’m being yelled at is people caring loudly at me.”

Once again, do not let people's complaints and negativity bring you down. Look at them as things you can change. Once you're done with the task at hand, their negativity will become positivity.

7. “If I had to have a stripper’s name, it would be Equality.”

Enough said.

8. “Guys love it when you can show them you’re better than they are at something they love.”

Don't step down from something just because you think it's a "man's job." You can do it, too (and probably do it better). It's sexy to be a strong woman.

9. “I could retire! But I wouldn’t – I’m going to work until I’m 100. Then I’ll cut back to four days a week.”

You may be a woman, and conventional ideas for women may basically state that women aren't meant to be the breadwinners in a family. But who cares? Women can sure as heck be the breadwinners while doing everything else that they want to do, too!

10. “Who cares if they have more money? I have the most valuable currency in America; a blind, stubborn belief that what I am doing is right!”

Believe in yourself. If you believe in yourself and your abilities, so will everyone else. Blind confidence is key.

11. “Slowing down is not really my jam.”

Don’t let anyone get in the way of your dreams. Life happens, but you can’t let that stop you from reaching your dreams. If you’re doing something you love and believe in, you can never slow down.

12. “I’m ready."

Life is a crazy ride, and you have to be ready and willing to let it take you where it’s meant to take you. In order to be the best of the best, you have to be willing to constantly grow and change.