What It Means To Be A Potterhead

What It Means To Be A Potterhead

Harry Potter is our life.

4145
What It Means To Be A Potterhead
Supposedly Fun

When I was in the fourth grade, I discovered the "Harry Potter" series and was instantly taken by them. Like many others, Harry Potter was my childhood. I know what it was like waiting for the last books and going to see the movies in theaters and then re-reading the books so that every detail is forever a part of my memory. I see it as a failure to not make a Harry Potter reference at least once a day. To be a Potterhead you must be dedicated and you are thrilled to give over your life to such a cause. For those who don’t like Harry Potter, this is what it means to be a true fan.

1.You know your house and everyone else does too.

I am a Hufflepuff and proud of it. I love being a Hufflepuff and sure I am going to say that I am in the best house, but the other houses are pretty awesome too.

2.You have more than one copy of the Harry Potter series

I personally have two copies of the Harry Potter series and there is a large possibility that I will own more someday. I also have copies of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Quidditch through the Ages and The Tales of Beedle the Bard. I have poured through all of these books multiple times and each copy holds special memories.

3.Watching the movies and hating the Dumbledore in movies 3-8

Michael Gambon is surely a wonderful person, but his portrayal of Professor Albus Dumbledore is less than satisfactory. Albus Dumbledore is a kind and loving old man and I am sure Gambon did his best, but Potterheads around the world were angrily throwing their books at the screen screaming, “Did you read the book?!?”

4.Part of your wedding board on Pinterest is dedicated to Harry Potter decorations

It doesn’t even have to be your wedding board. It can be your birthday party, your baby’s room or any important party or event. Harry Potter is a way of life and should be planned as such. There is never an occasion that can’t be Harry Potter themed.

5.You own a lot of memorabilia

I have socks, t-shirts,coloring books, buttons, mugs, posters, blankets and the list goes on. One glance in my direction and it is extremely obvious what fandom I am apart of.

6.You would die to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

If you haven’t already gone, you definitely have plans to.

7.You take all of the Harry Potter quizzes and get perfect scores all of the time

This is something that we all pride ourselves in doing. It is shameful for us to get anything less than 100 percent. If we were to get a low score we would immediately cancel all of our plans for the day to re-read the books or watch all of the movies.

8.You are the go-to person for any questions about Harry Potter

If any Harry Potter related questions were to ever arise, your friends, family and anyone that knows you will direct them to you because they know that you are a Harry Potter guru.

9.J.K. Rowling is queen

If you do not believe this than you are not a true Potterhead.

10.Forever bitter about not getting your Hogwarts Letter

I am still waiting. The fact that I may be a witch and I am forced to live as a muggle is sometimes too difficult to even think about. Like I could be going to Hogwarts. HOGWARTS. It all makes sense if you don’t think about it too much.

11.You are well aware of all the fan theories and even have your own

We are always looking for other ways to continue the series or to make connections with something that J.K. Rowling has hidden in her masterpiece.

12.You follow any and all Harry Potter related accounts on all social media

You follow all of the cast, any random accounts associated with Harry Potter and of course J.K. Rowling herself. You always want to keep in touch with what is happening now and if there is any chance for more Harry Potter news to come.

13.You have accomplished a Harry Potter marathon on more than one occasion

If you think about it, it really isn’t that hard. You just need to be dedicated and dedication is something that we will all for Harry Potter.

14.You have the most in depth conversations with other Potterheads

To be able to call yourself a true Potterhead you must be able to have a conversation about the wonderful wizarding world at any time of the day or week. You have enough Harry Potter trivia and knowledge to talk for hours on end.

15. Always

Just one word will send us spiraling into tears and make us incoherent. Just one word.