What Is the Special of ​Carbon Fiber Flashlights?

Carbon Fiber Flashlights

23

Flashlights are necessary tools for illumination when you get involved in the darkness.Generally, most flashlights we see in the market are either made of metal or plastic. But recently, I have seen a carbon fiber flashlight the I3T EOS Carbon Fiber Flashlight, that is released by Olight. I3T EOS flashlight is not the new product in Olight, but they make a great revolution in its body materials. From regular aluminum alloy to the fused aluminum and carbon fiber. You might be curious about its features and benefits. Now, let's get started.

What Is Carbon Fiber?

Carbon Fiber is a kind of polymer material which is composed of carbon atoms bonded together to form a long chain. It is made of thin and strong crystalline filaments of carbon that are good to strengthen material. The process of making carbon fiber is partly chemical and partly mechanical. The chemical process is also called carbonization. It begins with drawing long strands of fibers and then heats them to a very high temperature without contacting with oxygen to prevent the fibers from burning. The atoms inside the fiber would vibrate violently, and most non-carbon atoms would be expelled. This leaves a fiber consisting of long, tightly interlocked chains of carbon atoms with only a small amount of non-carbon atoms remaining.

Carbon fiber can be thinner than a strand of hair, and it can be woven together to form a cloth with a permanent shape. It is the ideal material for many manufacturing parts, and is usually used in aerospace, sports equipment, automotive, and military.

What's the Benefit of Carbon Fiber?

High Tensile Strength: Carbon fiber is known for its high tensile strength, with repeated testing to demonstrate that it is one of the strongest of all commercial reinforcing fibers. It is strong and tough enough to undergo significant stress before any damage is done.

Resistant to Corrosion: With the strength of carbon-carbon bonds, carbon fiber is naturally resistant to oxidization. This makes carbon fiber well suited for environments where it might be exposed to salt water or corrosive chemical agents.

Low Coefficient of Thermal Expansion: Carbon fiber has a low coefficient of thermal expansion, meaning that it is less likely to change shape when exposed to heat than other materials.

Exceptional Durability: Carbon fiber has superior fatigue properties compared to metal, meaning components made of carbon fiber won't wear out as quickly under the stress of constant use.

Multiple Forms: Carbon fiber is available in a variety of forms( woven, tow, chopped, etc.) making it versatile in its application.

Heat Resistance: Carbon fiber has a low thermal conductivity, and correspondingly, it does well in heat resistance. When exposed to exceedingly high temperatures,carbon fiber products won't bend or melt, making it a good choice for applications where a heat-resistant material is needed.

Dampens Sound: Carbon dampens surrounding energy as well, it copes well with vibration and other energy forces. Due to the way carbon fiber absorbs sound waves, it can be a great material for dampening noise.

Design Flexibility: Manufacturing with carbon is a pleasure. It can also be shaped and molded in ways that traditional materials, such as aluminum and steel, cannot. It is great for complex shapes and intricate patterns, making it easy to form into a diverse range of goods.

Lightweight: Carbon fiber is a low density material with an amazingly high strength to weight ratio. This means that carbon fiber is tough without getting bogged down like steel or aluminum, making it perfect for applications such as cards or airliners. It is much lighter than steel and considerably lighter than aluminum,which makes it a good choice to manufacture lightweight products.

Water Resistance: The carbon fiber in the composite does not absorb water from the environment, and its resistance remains unchanged when immersed in water.

As you can see, there are multiple benefits to carbon fiber. Flashlights made of carbon fiber materials are absolutely stunning. Not only do they have unique appearance, but also have many important characteristics allowing to be used in different environment.