What Is The New Sexy?

What Is The New Sexy?

Nothing is sexier than self-assurance
406

There are over 7 billion people on the planet. Dating should be easy, right? I, unfortunately, have found it unbearably difficult. In the past, I couldn't help but wonder if I was doing something wrong. A mistake I have made countless times and will undoubtedly make many times over is blaming myself for my lack of suitors.

I have found myself subconsciously changing the way I dress, walk, talk, and sometimes even think in a pathetic attempt to impress the opposite sex. I have resorted to a constant state of peacocking. For this, I am not proud but the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

We are so obsessed with knowing the trends in sensuality that we tend to lose a bit of self-acceptance. What turns one person on won't necessarily have the same effect on another. What's "hot" changes from time to time. So, the burning question is: What is the new sexy?

Is smart the new sexy? Skinny? Thick? Tan? Happy?

The harsh reality is you can't be everyone's type. Accepting this will help soften the blow the next time you find yourself dateless on a Friday night. The truth is, there are people who admire a flat chest. There are others who love a big booty and curves. Everybody has a different "type". If you're lucky, you have more than one.

You can't help who you're attracted to equally as much as you can't help who you'll fall in love with. You may meet what seems like 263 people before you meet one that finds you attractive. That shouldn't change how you think of yourself or strip you of self-confidence. You can't be everything to everyone. This doesn't mean you are broken, unlovable, or any less sexy. The truth is, sexual attraction is confusing and unpredictable.

It's tempting to want to change who you are as a response to what someone else's type is. By doing this, you might find you've lost a sense of who you are. Every rom-com out there has proven this is normally a huge waste of time. People will see past the veiled illusion and quickly jump ship. In the end, nothing is sexier than self-assurance.