What Is The Meaning Of "Take On Your World?"

Take on your world just like St. Edward's students are doing every day.

4377
Dribbble

Here at St. Edward's University, it is our goal to spread to our students, and to others, the motto of "Take On Your World." Regardless of whether you are a student here or not, I believe that these are words to live by. This phrase has the potential to open doors to a variety of new opportunities for each person who interprets them, and with each person having their own vision of looking at things. So what exactly does it mean to take on your world? And how exactly can you go about doing this?

I believe that taking on your world is going out and getting what you want, because what is the point of living if you don't work hard to obtain what matters to you the most? Whether it is that pair of cute shoes that you see through the store window, that frozen yogurt that you have been craving for forever, or even something as important as landing that internship that several others have already applied for; the world is yours for the taking.

To take on your world is to go out and try new things, and explore another side of life that you would never have thought you could possibly set out to do, because what is life without a little adventure? So if you want to go study that semester abroad, try out that hiking trail in the park, or even just going to that quaint coffee shop around the corner that you have never been to, then go for it! It is your life to decide what to do with.

I believe that it does not matter how you take on your world, or even how you yourself interpret the phrase, just as long as it is something that motivates and inspires you every day to reach your goals. After all, it is your life to live, and your world to take.

Taking on your world is such a simple phrase, yet somehow it can lead people to make such drastic decisions. Decisions that, if a person had not been so spontaneous and done it, they would not be where they are now. Take on your world is a motto that I definitely want to live by, so thank you St. Edward's for giving me that opportunity. Not only that, but if you do decide to live by this motto, then you should thank yourself. You are being bold and audacious and staying true to yourself.