Ways to Protect Yourself from Infidelity

The best course of action is always to have an open and honest talk, but dealing with a dishonest spouse could make that impossible.

12

Significant others continue to walk out on their relationships and their partners despite the expanding definitions of relationships. You might be that suspicious companion. You can feel it. You get that awful, unsettling feeling in the pit of your stomach that your boyfriend is cheating on you. You're aware of the warning indicators. You now want proof.

What are the signs of a cheating partner?

If you’ve experienced the signs of a cheating partner, you know how stressful and painful it can be. Unfortunately, many people don’t realize they’re seeing red flags until their relationship is on the rocks. Before you confront your significant other, start by recognizing the signs of a cheating partner. - Changes in behavior - Cheaters will usually try to keep their extramarital affair a secret until they are comfortable with their paramour. Once they feel like they can trust their lover, they’ll become more distant towards you as they put their time and energy into the other person. - Distrust - One of the most common signs of a cheating partner is a sudden increase of distrust. Your partner may start asking you to provide proof of where you’ve been or whom you’ve been with. They may also ask to see your phone or computer to track your activity. - Changes in spending habits - Another sign of a cheating partner is that they start spending more money than they normally would. Your partner may start treating themselves to fancy meals and expensive gifts. They may also be spending hours at a time away from home with no explanation. - Mood swings - Cheating partners can be emotionally manipulative people. If your partner has started to show sudden signs of mood swings and irritability, they may be trying to get you to end the relationship so that they can move on to a new one.

Are there apps to catch a cheater?

Unfortunately, there are no apps that can directly confirm for you that your partner is cheating on you. The only way to know for sure is to confront your partner and insist that they tell you the truth. The best way to confront your partner is to do so privately. You don’t need your friends and family knowing why you’re suspicious, and your partner shouldn’t feel like they have to defend themselves in front of an audience. When you confront your partner, be sure to keep your temper under control. Whatever it is that you’re certain your partner is doing, they probably don’t want you finding out about it. While you may want to shout and scream at them, shouting and screaming will only make them clam up and not tell you the truth.

How can I monitor my partner’s phone?

If you want to monitor your partner’s phone, you’ll first have to get your hands on it. If you have it, you can install monitoring apps that will track every keystroke, incoming call, and outgoing call. While this won’t give you access to your partner’s text messages, it will tell you who they’ve been contacting and who’s been contacting them. If you don’t have your partner’s phone, you can still monitor their activities. You’ll have to either root their phone or install spyware on their phone. Both of these options will require some computer savvy on your part. If you don’t know how to root or install spyware, you can hire a computer expert or investigative service to do it for you.

What should I look for on my partner’s social media accounts?

If your partner has social media accounts, you should definitely scope them out. While you can’t know for sure if your partner is cheating based on what they post, you can certainly get an idea of what their interests are. If you see a lot of posts about their friends or their upcoming nights out, you probably don’t have anything to worry about. But if their feed is full of posts about other people and their lives, it could be a sign that they’re trying to show you that they have more friends than you do. If you do have access to your partner’s social media accounts, you can also use their “View As” feature to see what their page looks like to other people. If their page looks very different from what they share with you, it may be because they have a secret account where they’re more open and honest.

What should I look for in my partner’s emails?

Email tracing tools can help you track your partner’s emails and see who they’ve been contacting. You can install an email tracing tool on both your computer and your partner’s computer that will record all incoming and outgoing emails. You can also monitor your partner’s email by installing keyloggers on their computers. Keyloggers record every keystroke your partner makes, including login information for email accounts. There are also options for remotely monitoring your partner’s emails. Wondering how you can do that? Communication service providers (CSPs) like Google and Microsoft allow you to remotely monitor someone’s account. You can do this by requesting access to the account and then enabling remote monitoring.

How can I track my partner’s location?

If you have access to your partner’s smartphone, you can use an app like mSpy to track their location. This way, you’ll know where they’re going when they’re out, who they’re with, and when they’re arriving back home. If you don’t have access to your partner’s phone, you can use an app like Retina-Pro to track them from afar. Retina-Pro allows you to remotely access your partner’s phone through your computer. This will let you see their location and make calls from their phone. You won’t be able to make changes to their phone, but you can see where they are and who they’re with.

How can I protect myself from infidelity?

If you want to protect yourself from infidelity, you have to make yourself less vulnerable. You can do this by maintaining honest and open communication with your partner. When you’re honest with your significant other about the things that are troubling you, you make it much harder for them to lie to you. You should also be careful about the way you use technology. If you frequently check your partner’s phone or log into their social media accounts, they’ll know that you are. This can make you seem controlling, and it can make your partner feel like they can’t share their true feelings with you.

What are the legal implications of catching a cheater?

If you catch a cheater, you have the right to end the relationship, but that doesn’t mean you have the right to humiliate them. If you decide to post an exposé about your cheater and their affair partner online, you run the risk of defamation. Defamation occurs when you make untrue statements about someone that damage their reputation. If you post an article accusing your partner or their paramour of a crime, you may be charged with defamation. You’d have to prove in court that they actually committed the crime before being cleared of the charges. To be safe, you can engage in any of the above activities anonymously. You can log into your partner’s account remotely and never tell them that you logged in. You can install tracking software on your partner’s phone without ever letting them know you did it. You can use your computer skills to protect yourself without ever letting your partner know you did it. If you want to protect yourself from infidelity, you have to be sneaky.

Conclusion

Catching a cheater is an emotionally charged act that can have a wide range of consequences. No one wants to be cheated on, but it happens far too often. Unfortunately, you can’t always trust your partner to tell you if they’re stepping out on you.