What Happens When You Reunite With Your Hometown Friends

Four months was way to long.

1330

College friends are great. They become the family you get to choose, but they still cannot replace your hometown friends. Your hometown friends dealt with you during your rough middle school friends. They were there to calm you down during the stressful college application process, and they danced with you at senior prom. You guys cried together when it was time to say good-bye and move to colleges far from each other. It was hard to be away from them for so long, but when you came back together after many months apart it felt like no time had passed. There are things that are certain to happen when you reunite with your hometown best friends.

You guys have an initial freak out because it has been too long since you last saw each other. No amount of Face Timing can prepare you for actually seeing your old friends in person. There is probably some squealing and hugging involved in this step. You guys keep telling each other how much you guys missed each other and how great you guys look.

You guys go to your favorite hang-out spots. Whether this is a restaurant, coffee shop or local mall, you guys have to hit your old hang-out locations while in town. It may seem as if no time has passed since you last saw your friends.

You guys tell each other your college stories. They have probably heard this stories through text or on the phone, but you tell them anyway because they sound better and more interesting in person. You happily listen again to their college stories again, and you are thankful they had just as great a time in college as you had.

You tell each other about your new college friends. You show your old friends pictures of your new friends, and they them all about how great they are. You know if your high school friends met your college friends they would get along perfectly.

You share the hometown gossip you have heard. You are happy that you now have people who will understand and appreciate the gossip that you heard while you were at college.

You guys discuss all the embarrassing things you guys did in high school together. This is where you guys laugh and reminisce about all the embarrassing high school memories you share.

You guys make plans to see each other during the spring semester. Four months was too long to be apart from them. You know you have to see them at least once during the spring semester. You cannot wait until May to see them again.

You guys know your friendship is forever. If these people liked you during your awkward middle school phase, survived high school with you and it feels like no time has passed since August, then you know your friendship with these people will last a long time.