What Happens When You Move In With Your Boyfriend

All the good times... and the not so good times.

76

We all have these dreams of what it will be like when you move in with the love of your life. Let me start off by saying, it’s not like it is in the movies. It’s not all rainbows and unicorns, but I’m not saying it’s awful. Trust me, it is amazing, but it’s real life. There are struggles everyday. Here is a list of things that really happen when you move in together.

1. You get on each others nerves every second of everyday.
  2. You become beyond comfortable with each other.
  3. You lean on each other in the good times and in the bad.
  4. You start to know each other on a completely different level.
  5. You binge watch shows together all of the time.
  6. You yell a little more, especially over the dumbest things.
  7. You get stronger.
  8. You laugh a little harder.
  9. You smile a little more.
  10. You literally tell them about everything that happens, like a personal therapist.
  11. You know they love you because they see you in the morning when you first wake up with drool dried to your face.
  12. You become a better person.
  13. You open up about the skeletons in your closets.
  14. You fight over the shower and the bathroom in general.
  15. You are basically a married couple at this point.
  16. You may be pushed out of the bed a couple times.
  17. The blankets always get stolen.
  18. They never make the hamper.
  19. There’s a little less room for all your stuff.
  20. You love each other a little more everyday.

Sure, there are negatives, but there are a lot more positives that out weigh those little tiny negatives. The negatives are minor things that may drive you crazy, but at the end of the day, those are the things that make you closer and make your relationship real. So no, it isn’t like the movies. It isn’t always fun, it isn’t always flowers everyday and surprises. It’s more than that. It’s testing your relationship every day. It’s making it stronger when it breaks you down at the same exact moment.

Don’t be afraid to move in together. It may break you down a little, but if you work through it, then it can only make you stronger. But at the same time, make sure you are ready for it. Make sure you can work through the hard stuff together. It won’t be easy, but trust me, like everything else in your relationship it will be worth it!