What are you afraid of?

What are you afraid of?

F.E.A.R. False Evidence Appearing Real

7
What are you afraid of?
FLickr

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the opinions others have about me. How they perceive me, are they pleased with me and do they know who I really am. I have always had fear of being “found out” that somehow, someway people will see all my flaws and all the skeletons will fall out of my closet and they will see the error of my ways. That even though I KNEW IN MY HEART I was not the same person I use to be somehow I felt/feel that it wasn’t good enough to be a Daughter of the Most High. I had been forgiven by God but the judgment of others was wearing me down. I had a F.E.A.R. False Evidence Appearing Real, and I believed it. 2 Timothy1:7 reminds us “ For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” If the thoughts I was having wasn’t encouraging power or coming from love than I realized it wasn’t from God. It was the enemy’s way of keeping me bound by my past and a slave to the thoughts of others. Earlier this year these things almost destroyed me.

Whenever I go through trials, I try to find examples in the Bible of people who went through something similar and it worked in their favor. It encourages me to keep moving forward especially if I believe I am hearing the voice of God. So guess who came to mind… Jesus of course. People sung His praises one day and cursed Him the next. They didn’t believe who He was and it was due to their disbelieve that led Him to the cross. The same people, who were singing “Hosanna” one day, were saying “Crucify Him, Crucify Him” the next. When they nailed Him to that cross thinking to destroy Him, they actually lifted Him to the next level because Jesus said when He was lifted up, He would draw all men unto Him (John 12:32).

We think it’s a bad thing to meet opposition or those who don’t like us or challenge our character when in fact God could be using it to elevate us. It could be encouraging us to move to the next level, to see ourselves as truly forgiven, to see the lies of the enemy for what they are. There are several ways God can turn our bad into good. It takes us to BELIEVE His word and not our own OR the words of others. We must realize that F.E.A.R. is not of Him and its FALSE EVIDENCE that is not intended to have room or space in our lives. The Bible says” Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time” (1 Peter 5:6).

If God places conviction in your heart to change, then ask for His help in doing so but remember to weigh the words you receive about your life from others. Line it up with the Word of God or what He’s been speaking into your life. Sometimes it’s confirmation and other times its confusion.

~Daughter of the Most High~

Hagar’s Affirmation

I am a Daughter of the Most High. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I am beautiful, whole, and complete. Everything I need can be found in and provided by my Father. I don’t have to beg for anything or anyone’s attention. I realize that I am the prize, the good thing to be found. I will not beg for scraps when I know that my Father has prepared a table for me. I am empowered, encouraged, educated and edified. God has opened my eyes to see that I can do all and be all I’ve been called to be through Christ who strengthens me. I will allow the Holy Spirit to guide and direct me as I begin again the kingdom way and receive all that my Father has for me. I am beautiful and whole and perfectly me. I am a Daughter of the Most High, just who I’ve been called to be