Welcome to WISH 304

Welcome to WISH 304

A summer filled with nerds in their natural habitat.

8
Welcome to WISH 304
We <3 It

Welcome to WISH 304 where the nerds live in their natural habitat. We come from all over and we're only guaranteed to have one thing in common; we are all struggling to survive as Physics majors. Not one of us are identical to the other, and that is the beauty of it. Each girl has so much to offer to the world in one way or another and I am thankful to have had the opportunity to see all of us grow. I don’t even know where to start, but just to give a little background, we are all living together as a part of a summer Physics internship thanks to the Society of Physics Students. I am the proud roommate to five other female Physics majors that have come to DC this summer to search for their passions and potentially future career endeavors.

Day one was, of course, filled with that awkward getting to know one another phase where everyone was hesitant and overly kind in an effort to not step on each other’s toes. We slowly settled into that level of comfort where it wasn’t weird. As weeks passed I had the opportunity to get closer to all of my roommates and finally take time to see what was so awesome about each and every one of them and I must say these girls are going to do big things, whether it be in Physics or some other field.

These girls are so unique and independent which is what I find most admirable about each and every one of them. Whether it was evening runs with Tabitha, where we would talk about practically everything, or my late night conversations with Victoria where we could openly discuss our views of current events without having to feel judged, I always felt like this was my second family. Marissa was so chill and down to earth, Dahlia was so fun and always up for a good time, and Isabel was so kind and funny, Tabitha was practically my spirit animal, and Victoria was just about the sweetest soul I’ve ever met. My roommates and I were almost like our own version of spice girls, but the nerdy kind. I just wanted to say thank you to my roommates for putting up with me through the good and the bad.

Although they might not realize it, this summer has been an amazing experience and they played a huge role in that. We bonded, shared stories, laughed, and even cried, but at the end of the day it was all worth it. This type of friendship is the one that you look back on years from now and just smile about because of all of the good times. Sure there were times to be serious because of studying and various adulating activities, but that’s not to say that we didn’t have a blast. Every roomie has helped me to learn a little more about myself and I am grateful for that opportunity.

However, my time in DC is quickly coming to a close. The summer has been great and although I miss home this last week has really made me realize that I am going to miss my roommates. Going into this summer I was hesitant to how I would feel about living with 5 other girls. Not that I am not the type to try to get along with others, but girls can often be difficult and I felt like it would be impossible to make it throughout the summer without having some sort of drama with one another. Boy was I wrong. This summer has been amazing and if any of my summer roomies ever get around to reading this I just wanted to say thank you ladies for being better roomies than I could have hoped for. Continue to follow your hearts and achieve your goals. Be the best darn scientist you can be and don’t let anyone stop you. I love you all and I will miss you so much!