Week 17 NFL Power Rankings

Week 17 NFL Power Rankings

What are the top 10 teams in the NFL?

4
Week 17 NFL Power Rankings
Sports Logo

Week 17 is the last week in the NFL regular season. Teams are battling for playoff spots and other teams are getting ready for the offseason. Here are my week 17 top 10 power rankings.

10. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS: The Seahawks are going to the playoffs but are struggling both on sides of the ball. The loss Earl Thomas has hurt them defensively and it seems like the Seahawks haven't found someone to replace his spot. Russell Wilson has struggled the past couple of weeks. This team has to finish the regular season strong or it could be a short postseason for them.

9. MIAMI DOLPHINS : The Dolphins are one of the hottest teams in the NFL right now. Matt Moore has stepped in for injured Ryan Tannehill at quarterback and has been nothing but spectacular. The Defense of the Dolphins is one of the best in the NFL. The Dolphins play the Patriots this weekend and many of there players are sitting out because they clinched a playoff spot.

8. OAKLAND RAIDERS: Derek Carr is out for the season for the Raiders. Matt McGloin is the new quarterback and he has been put into a difficult spot. The Raiders still have the #2 seed in the AFC but with Carr injury, this will be difficult to overcome. The defense of the Raiders has had a great season and going into the postseason, they need to be ready to bail out the offense during the playoffs.

7. NEW YORK GIANTS: The Giants clinched the #5 seed in the NFC playoffs. The Giants are going to need a run game in the playoffs because Eli Manning cannot throw 55-60 times a game. The Defense of the Giants has improved sense last year and is a big reason why there going to the playoffs. Odell Beckham has been Eli Manning's #1 target on offense this year.

6. GREEN BAY PACKERS: The Packers have rallied back in the NFC North and have a chance to win there division with a win against the Lions on Sunday Night Football. Aaron Rodgers isn't playing 100% right now but he's playing like and MVP out there.

5. PITTSBURGH STEELERS: The Steelers won the NFC North on Christmas Night as they best there division rivals, the Baltimore Ravens. Ben Roethlisberger has been good this season but going into the postseason, he's going to need to be great. The Defense of the Steelers has been suspect all year long and the need to change that quickly

4. ATLANTA FALCONS: The Falcons with a win this weekend can clinch a 1st round bye in the NFC playoffs. Matt Ryan has had a MVP caliber season and there defense has came up big all year long. The time is now for the Falcons because in the past the have fell out short in the playoffs. It's important the Falcons stay healthy going into the playoffs.

3. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: The Chiefs are making noise in the AFC. Alex Smith has played a huge part for them offensively. Tyreek Hill has emerged as a star for the Chiefs. Eric Berry is a top DB in the NFL and can matchup against anyone.

2. DALLAS COWBOYS The Cowboys are the #1 seed heading into the playoffs. The running game of the Cowboys is amazing but they still have many questions on defense. Just like the Dolphins, many other there players aren't playing the whole game to keep everyone healthy.

1. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: The Patriots are #1 for a reason, because they are good on both sides of the ball. Tom Brady has made the NFL fear him and the defense is the best in points allowed. By no means do the Patriots have a easy ride in the AFC to the Super Bowl but if they play well, they should be in the Super Bowl. The Patriots need to win on Sunday to clinch #1 seed in the AFC for a playoff run. The Patriots do not want to scoreboard watch and bank on the Raiders loss. Taking care of business is what the Patriots need to do.