My Fiance And I Are Not Postponing Our Pandemic Wedding

My Soon-To-Be Husband And I Are Not Postponing Our Pandemic Wedding, And That's OK

To all of the brides struggling right now, try to see the beauty in it.

1534
Bride and groom standing on narrow pathway

Planning a wedding is hard.

You can picture your wedding day as much as you want growing up, but once you have to make all of the decisions, everything changes. When you have to decide who sits where and what color scheme you're going to have, it's so much harder. Add a looming pandemic to the mix and you have one of the hardest tasks you've probably ever had to undertake. Sure, wedding planning is still exciting, but that doesn't make it any easier.

COVID-19 can't take away all of the joy, but the little details are becoming even tougher to plan. Depending on how far out your wedding is, you have to worry if COVID-19 will still be an issue. This can affect your guest list, venue, and food. Basically, the pandemic affects any and all of the big things that everyone tells you to book ahead of time and not wait until the last minute to set in stone.

While some brides struggle with having to postpone their wedding, I'll make ours work.

Of course, that's my decision, but it definitely does make things harder. While some may put off getting married and plan for later on, we have to make decisions with factors that we know nothing about. We have no idea if certain family members will be able to fly out or if the wedding will end up being smaller than intended.

To all of the brides struggling right now, I challenge you to see the beauty in it.

That may sound a bit crazy, and of course, it's hard. The pandemic has forced me to think about what is really important for me to have on that day. While I'd love for everyone on the guest list to be able to come and for it to go off without a hitch, at the end of the day, I want to stand in front of my loved ones and marry the man of my dreams.

If I end up being forced to have a small wedding with just our immediate families, that's OK with me.

Of course, I would love to be able to share it with everyone in our lives. When it comes down to it, the most important thing for me is that I can stand up in a church before God and my loved ones and promise to love my soon-to-be husband for the rest of my life. That's what really matters.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.