I Am Proud Of My School That I Will Be Buried In My College Gear

I Will Be Wearing My College T-Shirts Until I Die Because I Am So Proud Of My School

College pride is NOT something be ashamed of.

52
personal

I am four months away from graduating college and that's pretty scary. I know most people claw their way out to finish college, sick of the papers, the late-night studying and the early morning classes. I actually really loved all of that. Of course, not at the time. I have never walked into a mid-term with a smile on my face, but I am someone who really adored the college experience.

I think everyone's definition of a college experience is a bit hazy, but the experience I had isn't one I would replace.

There are things I am really not going to miss about college. I am not going to miss the stress of waiting for an assignment grade to come back. I am not going to miss the feeling you get after you did really horribly on an assignment that you needed to well in. I am not going to miss waiting in line for an hour just so you can get a mediocre sandwich to eat in your next class.

There are things I really am going to miss that I didn't know I ever needed in a college experience. I am going to miss getting dinner with your friends almost every night, even if you're quietly doing your own thing most the time. I am going to miss making new friends randomly on campus. I am going to miss basketball games and group study sessions. I am going to miss inside jokes with your whole class and the feeling of success when you finally got the grade you've been working hard on.

I am ready to graduate and I'm beyond thrilled to move on to the next chapter of my life, whatever it may be. Even though I will no longer carry a backpack around everywhere I go and hum school spirit fight songs that I chanted the night before, I will still hold my college pride with me.

I will remain best friends with my college friends, watch them get their dream careers, marry people who love them with their whole heart and even have little versions of themselves running around one day. I will fly across the country for birthdays, reunions or made-up reasons so we can see each other.

I will continue to achieve my own ambitions but carry these college experiences with me.

And of course, I will continue to wear my college shirts until I die.