Wear the Dang Crop Top

Wear the Dang Crop Top

Stop caring about what others will say and wear what makes YOU feel good

1481
Wear the Dang Crop Top

The days are hotter, the nights are cooler, and there's a bonfire just about every weekend now that school is out. There are plenty of concerts to go to, fairs to attend, and parties to have fun at. That being said, it's also the time of year where you really want to break out your favorite high waisted shorts and crop top. Yet, for the third year in a row, you find yourself putting it back reluctantly.

Make this the year.

Make this the year that you stop caring what other people think and you bring out the tank top that makes you feel like a million bucks. Make this the year that you ignore the "If you're over 110 pounds you shouldn't be wearing a crop top or short shorts" comments. Make this the year that you pull on your favorite leggings and flaunt them, ignoring the comments about how this generation dresses. Make this the year that you don't listen to the outpouring of hate from guys and girls alike.

Because in the end, their opinions are irrelevant.

It doesn't matter if they don't like your top as long as YOU like it. Who cares if that grandma gives you a stink eye because you wore a pair of leggings to Walmart. YOU feel good in them and really there is no harm being done for her to have such a negative opinion anyways. Ignore the guys and girls making comments loud enough for you to hear and act like you're walking on a cat walk when you pass by. Others are always going to be negative and people with self esteem issues are always going to find something to make you feel bad about, so you might as well do what you want. In the end, it's your happiness and your confidence that truly matters. Plus, it's hot out. Are people really expecting you to cover up every piece of skin when it's 90 degrees out?

Maybe instead of crop tops you want to wear fishnet stockings under a pair of shorts.

So do it.

Maybe instead of crop tops you want to wear a little black dress with a thick black choker.

So do it.

Maybe instead of crop tops you want to wear heels or wedges out in public without a reason.

So do it.

Maybe instead of crop tops you want to wear a full face of makeup, fake eyelashes and all, to a lunch date.

So do it.

Maybe instead of crop tops you want to wear baggy sweats and a sweatshirt every day.

So do it.

It doesn't make you goth, emo, extra, too much, lazy, or not put together to do so. There is absolutely nothing wrong with choosing to wear what you feel is stylish and what makes you feel beautiful. Not everyone will agree with your fashion choices, and that's okay. What isn't okay is letting someone else rule the decisions you make in every day life. No matter your size, shape, or height, if it's going to make you feel like on top of the world or like you just stepped off of a Vogue magazine, then do it. No one can tell you otherwise.

So find the confidence you need to wear something you wouldn't normally in public. Pick up that shirt off the shelf. You bought it for a reason, so you might as well start wearing it. Slide on your sweats for the third day in a row and throw your hair up. To make it short and sweet: This summer, make a pledge to stop caring what other people think and wear what makes YOU feel good. You'll be surprised at how much happier you'll feel.