9 Ways Being a Morning Person in College is the Best
Food Drink

9 Ways Being A Morning Person In College Is The Best

You'll find that it's nice to enjoy the whole day instead of part of it.

619
https://www.pexels.com/photo/person-holding-white-ceramic-mug-with-lemon-near-book-and-sliced-bread-on-white-comforter-1065588/

Being a morning person in college sounds like hell on earth, am I right? At first, it was. I was never a morning person in high school and in my freshman year of college, I wasn't. My latest classes would be at 11 am, which was hell for me to get up at 9:30 in the morning and I would oversleep A LOT. My sophomore year of college, I got a puppy, which meant I had to be on a mom schedule. Puppies are a lot of work. They need to be fed at a certain time in the morning so that they will have digested their food by lunchtime, and can have another meal, they will get up at 6 am sometimes so you must be ready too. There's much more with it, but I wanted to be the best dog mom I could be, so I made the transition. I learned so much from getting up early in the morning that I've grown to love it. I made a list of things that I've learned to truly love about mornings.

1. More time with my dog

Mine

• In the morning, I take my dog out, feed her, and after breakfast, she and I take a long walk through our neighborhood that we live in and it's my favorite part of my morning. The birds are chirping, it's cooler, and it gives Lucy the exercise she will need before our evening walks.

2. More time to do homework

I've noticed that I don't have to stay up late at night to get all my homework done if I just do it in the mornings. It's much easier, and it doesn't hurt me if I have to drink my coffee with my homework because I'm getting caffeinated for the rest of the day. Doing homework in the morning gives me a motivated start and I don't feel so stressed throughout the day to get things done.

3. It's quiet

I'm one of those people who loves when it's quiet. I love being awake before everyone else because the stillness of my house and neighborhood just puts me in a great mood. The quietness gives me that time to myself that I need so that I can be social later in the day.

4. You have more time in your day

I don't know about you, but I'm one of those people that feels guilty if I wake up past noon because I feel as if I've wasted my day. Not judging those who do sleep in until noon, because I wish I could, but my conscious is too uptight and won't let me be okay with it. I've found that it's better to take the day, and I get so much done on my off days, and if I don't have anything to do, I have more time to binge Cheers (my current fav on Netflix).

5. More nap opportunities

I'm a nap kind of person. If I've gotten up early and have been extremely productive, I gift myself with a nap. So, if you get up early, just remember that you have more time to nap later, which is great motivation to get things done.

6. You have a reason to get a proper breakfast

I love brunch, who doesn't love brunch? It's two of the best meals in a day. However, getting three meals a day is better for you than getting two meals a day. As much as I love brunch, I'd rather have breakfast at 8am and then lunch around noon. Helps with calorie counting, nutrition, and your metabolism.

7. You can go to the gym

Now that I've been transitioning to be a morning person, I took the opportunity to go to the gym first thing in the morning. I've found that it's great motivation, you feel great afterward, and it helps wake you up for your day!

8. You're tired around 10pm

I know right? You can actually be tired at a great time at night? You can actually get decent hours of sleep? It's amazing.

9. You'll feel great

Being awake at 7:30 or 8 am has been a pain sometimes, but I feel better overall when I've gotten things done and I still have a chunk of morning left before I need to go to work.

I've been transitioning to a morning person for about a year now, and my job also helps with that. I take the morning shifts at work, which is hell sometimes because I usually have to be at work at 6 AM, but once I'm off work at 2 PM or 3 PM, I have the rest of my day to hang out with friends, do homework or even NAP. I absolutely love it and will keep this up for as long as I can.