Warriors Make A Big Statement

Warriors Make A Big Statement

Warriors are showing they still run the West.

5

Ever since Steve Kerr took the job to be head coach of the Golden State Warriors in 2014, they have become the dominant team in the Western Conference. In his first two seasons, the Warriors won the western conference championship twice, won an NBA championship, and had a historic 73 wins in the regular season. As for this season, there were recent questions surrounding the team's ability to win the West for the third year consecutively, but they silenced those questions without superstar Kevin Durant big victories last week over the San Antonio Spurs and the Houston Rockets, the two teams that are trailing them in the Western Conference.

After losing their big free agent signing in Durant to injury on February 28th, the Golden State Warriors went through a bad stretch to their standards by going 2-4. The Splash Brothers of Klay Thompson and Stephen Curry combined to shoot under 30 percent from outside during that stretch. However, Curry and Thompson would turn it around by shooting over 40 percent from outside and ignited the Warriors to go on a winning streak that has now reached double-digits and have extended their lead as the first seed in the western conference.

According to Marc Stein of ESPN, Kevin Durant could return right before the end of the regular season and the Warriors will most likely finish as the first seed for the third consecutive season. Once the playoffs begin, the Warriors can again show why they are the favorites to win the western conference for third consecutive year and possibly win it all.