So, You Want To Start Shooting?

So, You Want To Start Shooting?

Here are six things necessary to start off on the right path!
99

Shooting is for everyone! Here are a few things necessary to go far!

First off… get a rifle.

Whatever discipline you decide to pick up, small bore and/or air rifle, make sure you invest in a mechanism that has what you need. Not every rifle is meant for every person’s body; if you are a smaller set person, you will want to look for a stock that isn’t too long and makes shooting uncomfortable

Find a place to shoot.

Search the local area for a shooting range or association that allows you to put lead down-range. Here is a link from USA Shooting that allows you to search for a club near you. https://usashooting.sport80.com/widget/clubs

Learn the positions.

Researching the basic fundamentals of the sport are necessary! Shooting prone isn’t as easy as just laying down and shooting it. He is a link from USA Shooting that can help with that.
http://www.usashooting.org/11-resources/shootinginstruction/rifleshooting

Train!

You have a gun and if you have a place to shoot, now start training! Make a consistent schedule and get over to the range to train.

Now set goals.

Throwing lead down range isn’t enough to do well. You have to train with purpose. To do this, you need to set goals. Here a link to help you set goals.
https://www.theodysseyonline.com/why-set-goals?altdesign=socialux&utm_expid=.oW2L-b3SQF-m5a-dPEU77g.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theodysseyonline.com%2Fuser%2F%40lucbkoz2%3Faltdesign%3Dsocialux

Have a positive attitude.

This speaks for itself! Have a good perspective on what happens when you compete!