10 Reasons Why You Don't Absolutely Need That Boy

You may like that boy, but you certainly don't need him—I promise.

46
Unsplash

10 reasons why you might like that boy, but you absolutely don't NEED that boy....

1. He is still a boy

Honestly, we are still young, and these boys are not men yet. Girls mature faster than men, we all know this. Boys still want to play games and hookup with random girls every night. Focus on more important things, and let these little boys mature before giving them any of your valuable time and effort.

2. He doesn't see you as a priority

You should NEVER be treated like an option. You are FAR too valuable and beautiful to give your all to someone who only gives you attention when they are bored. I know for a fact that there are 20 other dudes "knocking at your door" who would treat you better.... don't stick around.

3. He hides you

Now I'm definitely not a fan of posting my whole relationship on social media for everyone to see, but it does feel nice to have him post about you every once and awhile... am I right ladies?? If he hides you, it's most likely because he's still entertaining other girls or he doesn't want his "boys" to know he actually likes you. DUMP HIM and his immature attitude.

4. He is interested in you for the WRONG reasons

Don't get me wrong, physical attraction is very important, but it shouldn't be the only reason why he's into you. He should be attracted to your mind, he should love the way laugh, he should be curious and interested in your interests, etc. If he only wants to hookup and never have a real conversation, why are you investing your time into him?

5. He is not ready to "settle down"

If he doesn't want to "put a title on it" or "make it official" yet, IT'S BECAUSE HE DOESN'T WANT A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU. He wants to have you at his convince and then be able to leave you without any explanation when he gets bored with you. The thing is sweetheart... you are not someone who gets boring, you're AMAZING, don't let him do that to you.

6. He acts like he doesn't care about you

Honey... he isn't acting, he really could care less about you. If he doesn't want to spend time with you, or hear about your day, or learn about your family and friends, he doesn't care about you. And you don't need someone who doesn't care about you.

7. You are amazing on your own

You don't need a boy to complete you or to make you better. Sweetheart, you are one of a kind, there is no one exactly like you. That makes you rare and amazing. Having a guy doesn't prove that you are worthy. You are worth it before a boy enters your life and you are worth it after a boy leaves your life.

8. He doesn't have his priorities together

If he doesn't think doing well in school is important, trust me you don't need that boy. If he thinks it's cool to get wasted and high every night, you don't need that boy. If he rather go out to a bar than study for an important upcoming test, you don't need that by. You don't need that boy because, you don't want to hangout with someone who could influence you negatively and change your priorities.

9. Being independent is important

Nothing is permanent. That boy could say he loves you one day and leave you the next day. Never become so reliant on a boy that you forget how to be independent. Being independent proves that you can get things done on your own and you don't need a boy (or anyone in that matter) to be successful.

10. That boy NEEDS YOU more than you need him

When you think you need a boy, think about how much that boy probably needs you. Who else is going to remind him that he has something important scheduled that day. Who is going to help him study for exams, help him pick out a proper outfit for his interview, or motivate him to be the best he can be. You are valuable to him and if he acts like you're not, leave him and watch how lost he becomes without you.