The Meow Wolf Museum Will Make You Feel Like Alice In Wonderland

This Psychedelic Indoor Park Will Make You Feel Like Alice In Wonderland

This interactive museum will have you feeling like you're in the movie "Alice in Wonderland."

40092
Photo by Amanda Marvin

People of all ages are wandering aimlessly through an ordinary-looking house when the first portal becomes evident: the fireplace. A little boy runs up to the common household feature, gets on his hands and knees and disappears into a blue light. He is followed by two others, and I soon found myself crawling into this small space only to realize that the space inside isn't so small after all.

The Meow Wolf Experience YouTube

Lights are flashing, vibrant colors flood the building and every turn is a surprise at Meow Wolf. The collective is one of few psychedelic immersive art exhibits located in Santa Fe, NM. The 20,000-square-foot building houses curious displays that delight visitors from all around the world.

Open the fridge of the seemingly normal-looking kitchen, and you are welcomed in by a bright light. Follow this light, and you find yourself milling around in a spaceship. Continue on, and you'll stumble upon a cornucopia of intriguing exhibits varying from a collection of decorated treehouses to an artificial colorful candy world.

Meow Wolf is powered by 400 employees and manages to propel visitors into the charming imagination of dozens of artists. The organization exists in hopes of challenging the norm, sparking creativity in others and to entertain.

As if the amazing creations within the walls of Meow Wolf aren't impressive enough, there's even more. There are countless activities for those wanting to further their experience at Santa Fe's impressive and quirky organization. Events and live performances are held in the midst of the madness along with art therapy, adult nights, DJ sets and workshops.

There's a lot happening at this brightly colored playground made for all ages, and the magic didn't happen overnight. The 10-year journey of Meow Wolf's success is displayed in its documentary, "Meow Wolf: Origin Story."

If you are interested in this mysterious place, visit the meow wolf website.