Here's The Deal With Values-Based Sorority Recruitment

There are lots of exciting things happening, both for girls going through recruitment and the girls who already have a sorority to call home.

703
https://www.pexels.com/photo/grayscale-photography-of-four-women-wearing-clothes-1065081/

Recruitment is a wonderful, yet stressful, time. There are lots of exciting things happening, both for girls going through recruitment and the girls who already have a sorority to call home. In recent years, many Panhellenic chapters have begun to go from "rushing" to "recruiting." This recruiting is typically values-based and is great for both chapters and potential new members.

But, what even is values-based recruitment? Values-based recruitment is a method to create a genuine connection between a sorority chapter and potential new members (PNMs) to ensure the future of the chapter. It allows PNMs to really get to know the chapter, how these women have grown within their chapters, and what that chapter represents as a whole. Values-based recruitment is also great because it allows chapters to show off their standards, interests, and values and how it's reflected on the university campus.

Values-based recruitment is beneficial in many ways because it helps the chapter understand what they're looking for in a future sister and helps the PNM understand what they're looking to get out of a chapter. It allows for PNMs to get to know several women in the chapter, not just a small few who they really, really like. It shows PNMs that sororities are more than just frills, that they're not "paying for friends," and that they're going to get something amazing out of this in their four years of college.

Values-based recruitment has helped so many women find their true home, their home away from home. With a plethora of leadership opportunities and friendships that will last a lifetime (yes, even your future bridesmaids), values-based recruitment allows for women to embrace their real selves and flourish in a community that will help them thrive.