This February, Don't Forget Your #1 Valentine — You

Because even though showing love to those close to you is important, showing love to yourself is, too.

59

When this time of year hits, a lot of times whenever you go online you are constantly bombarded with Valentine's Day posts. I personally love Valentine's Day and the idea that there is a whole holiday devoted to showing love. Honestly, I don't even like giving or getting gifts on this day, just being with important people and doing things out of love is what it's about.

However, even though showing love to those close to you is important, you need to show love to yourself as well.

Sometimes we tend to forget how we need to treat ourselves the way we treat others — we all do it. I know I struggle with this, but it's very common. Often times we think we are being selfish if we do too much for ourselves, but I am here to say that that is not the case.

You are your own best friend, therefore you need to treat yourself like it.

It's great to spend money on others, but when was the last time you spent money on a massage, a bath bomb, or even just a new book you've been dying to read? Before going out and buying your besties or significant other a gift, perhaps buy something for yourself first.

You deserve to indulge yourself every once in a while and to have a positive and healthy relationship with your mind, body, and soul.

Make sure all your needs are met, it will only enhance your life and the other people in it.

Self-care is so important, now more than ever. If you focus on others all the time you can lose yourself. Now I'm not saying to be greedy and completely ignore your friends family, S.O., etc. I'm just saying that I know there are people like me who tend to put others first and forget about their own wellbeing at times. Spend time with those you love, but also time with yourself.

I hope you and your loved ones have an amazing Valentine's Day. XOXO