10 Things To Do In The Utica Area This Summer

Stop complaining and do something!

110
NYE VW Of Rome

I know what you’re thinking, “There’s nothing to do in Utica,” as you roll your eyes because you’ve said this a million times before. But just like every other place in this world, it’s what you make it. It might not be the prettiest, or the busiest or the most popular, but it’s home. And it will always be home so you might as well find the good in it, right? This summer as you complain that “There's nothing to do in Utica” followed by a nice long "ughhhhhh," think again.

1. The Boilermaker Road Race

On July 10th the Boilermaker Road Race takes place! This 15k is just as much fun to watch as it is to run, so pick a mile and go cheer on your favorite runner. It doesn’t stop there, the road race hosts an afterparty at the FX Matt Brewery with live music and of course, Saranac beer!

2. Saranac Thursday

Every Thursday from May 19th to September 1st starting at 5:30 p.m. you can go on down to the FX Matt Brewery on Varick St. and enjoy live music and Utica’s very own Saranac beer. What better way to enjoy the nice weather? Not to mention all of the proceeds go to the United Way.

3. Food Truck Fridays

June 10th, July 15th & August 19th from 4pm-7pm, Columbia St.(outside the Landmarc Building) will be shut down, giving people a chance to enjoy food, beer, and even some live music!

4. FX Matt Brewery Tour

For $5 you can enjoy a tour of the FX Matt Brewery where you get to learn about the process of making beer and taste some Saranac products at the end.

5. The Clinton Farmers Market

This is by far my favorite part of the entire summer. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. every Thursday, June 2nd to October 6th you can enjoy everything the farmers market has to offer. From crêpes to gyros to freshly squeezed lemonade as well as all of the different vendors, the farmers market has something for everyone! There’s even an added bonus this year! The third Thursday of every month, the market hours will be extended from 10a.m. to 6 p.m. This includes: June 16th, July 21st, August 18th, and September 15th.

6. 2016 Wine, Beer, Cider Festival

July 9th from 3p.m. to 9 p.m. the 2016 Wine, Beer, and Cider Festival will be taking place at the Herkimer County Fairgrounds.

Ticket Prices:

Advance sale tickets: $20 for drinkers and $10 for non-drinker, designated driver tickets. Tickets will also be sold at the door on the day of the event: Drinkers $25 and Non-drinkers $15

For tickets please visit: http://www.jennsplaza.net/2016-Wine-Beer-Cider-Fes...

7. Wine in the Wilderness

Utica Zoo’s 17th annual Wine in the Wilderness event will be held Saturday, June 4th, 2016 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Utica Zoo.

Ticket prices:

General Admission: $35 in advance and $40 at the door

Utica Zoo Members: $30 in advance and $35 at the door. Member tickets can be purchased at the Utica Zoo gift shop or online by entering your email as the promotional code first.

Designated Driver: $20 in advance and at the door.

To purchase tickets visit: http://uticazoo.org/wine/

8. FrogFest 2016

Do you like country music? FrogFest might be the event for you. On July 23rd from 10:30 a.m. to 7p.m. head to the Utica-Rome Speedway!

For more information and to purchase tickets visit: http://bigfrog104.com/frogfest/

9. Insane Inflatable 5K Utica-Rome, NY

July 16th at 8:30 a.m. the first inflatable 5k will be held at Griffiss Air Force Base in Rome, NY.

To sign up visit: http://insaneinflatable5k.com/utica-ny/

10. Color Vibe 5k

Do you enjoy running? This might be the race for you! It will be held at 9 a.m. on August 6th at Proctor Park. Purchase your ticket today! http://www.thecolorvibe.com/utica.php

So there you have it, a whole list of things to do in Utica, NY this summer. Have fun and drink responsibly!