7 Types Of URI Students You ALWAYS See At The Library

If you're at URI, you know these struggles!

374

These are truer now than ever. It's so obvious every time I go to the library I SEE or hear one of these people. Hope you can relate to this!

1. Beats on, watching Netflix

You know who you are, I always see people watching Netflix with either headphones or earbuds on. What's the point of watching it in the library when you can be in your comfy bed instead? Can you study and watch Netflix at the same time? Probably not. I do feel a twinge of anger when I see people using a table that I could've sat at because I'm actually doing work. Altogether, can you watch Netflix in the lounge parts of the library? Because some of us are trying to study.

2. Those who literally live in the study rooms

Sometimes at the end of a long day, I'll take out a study room to review for my tests. I always see the same people in the rooms. It's almost like they camp out an hour before just to get a room. The worst part is when all the rooms are filled, and you can't find a table on the second floor. The third floor is too quiet in my opinion. I move on to find a secluded desk in the back of the library, only to see the lights off in one of the study rooms. Someone was sleeping in the study room...yeah. True story. So yeah, some of you people do live in there and you cannot deny it.

3. The people who are LOUD and aren't shy about it

I know I'm not the only person who this happens to so let me paint a picture of this scenario. Your studying for your big test and Johnny who is sitting behind you is listing his latest workout routine, or Kathy is talking about her latest big problem, and Tom is hoping Kathy never texts him again. No judgment, but I'm just trying to study. Once I hear someone talking, that is all I can hear. All in all please speak quietly for the sake of the people who are really trying to buckle down.

4. The people that create a fortress of whiteboards around their table

Props to the people who can fill two 5-1/2 foot tall whiteboards. They are the ones who are really studying hard. All I can see are organization webs and chronological notes. You can't see the person from any angle because the whiteboard creates coverage all around them. All in all, whoever you are, keep up the good work.

5. The group of people who bring take-out

I envy the people who bring take out, because what's a better reward after studying then Chinese food. But, how could I, the person who didn't bring food, study while the smell of i-Zone, Peking, or Tilly Cheesesteak is wafting in the air? It's like a Friendsgiving as they all offer to share their food with each other. I'm thankful though that they are chewing and not talking so I can get back to my studies.

6. The people who listen to their schoolwork out loud

Buy headphones! Bottom line. There is nothing else I can say except, that is just plain rude. A few weeks back I was in the library and the person at the table across from me was listening to his video reviews out loud. It was not one video, but six videos in total. My friends were making complaints out loud like, "that is so loud" and "wow, I can't even focus." You might think we're dramatic but we were just a little disappointed.

7. The people who are so stressed, and teetering on the edge

Bags under their eyes, unbrushed hair, pajama bottoms, three books open in front of them, coffee in one hand and highlighter in the other. Pulling all-nighters you find these guys in the 24-hour room at all hours of the day and possibly night. Someone needs to tell them that studies prove sleep helps you do better on tests.

Overall, yes I am dramatic. But if you can relate, then you know what I mean.