The 8 Types Of People You'll Find At The Library

The library is full of many different types of students.

485
Unsplash

The library: a true staple of college. It is being used literally 24/7 by college students everywhere. It is a great place to do work, meet people and so much more. Being an avid library-goer myself, I have noticed all the different kinds of people that come to the library. There are eight:

1. The library groupie

This person is ALWAYS at the library studying- it's their favorite place. You go to the library knowing full well that they will be there, in the exact same spot they always are.

2. The day-goers

These are the productive people. They go to the library during the day and get all of their homework done so that they have their nights off and can go to bed early. I wish I was a day-goer.

3. The night owls

This is definitely my category. These are the people that are either busy all day or have been procrastinating and don’t even get to the library until after 8 o’clock. These people come late and stay late, doing work all night. We are a rare breed that is able to stay up very late doing work. Sleep is for the weak, am I right?

4. The social one

This person only goes to the library for the social scene. They’re easy to spot because they can always be seen wandering from table to table, stopping and talking to everyone. But I guarantee, you will never see this person actually sitting in their seat doing work.

5. The cage

This is the person that goes to the library alone and locks themselves in a cage or a room. Totally silent, solitary studying... Props to these people, they must get a lot done.

6. The group project

The library is a great middle ground. It has a pretty central location and is easier than going to where someone lives. Doing group works and projects at the library is perfect.

7. The imposter

These people never go to the library on a regular basis- only during midterms and finals. There is a major influx of people in the library during midterms and finals because everyone decides this is the time they should start going to the library to do their work. If you’re an avid library goer, like myself, this is when I avoid the library because it is just swarmed with imposters.

8. The anti-library

This is the person that has never stepped foot in the library. They always go elsewhere to study and talk about how much they hate the library.

The library will always be a great place to do work, group work, socialize, and of course, procrastinate. Wherever you are doing work, happy studying!