Unpopular Opinion: I Prefer Jeans Over Leggings

Jeans are a must have for every girl's wardrobe.

88
American Eagle

Summer is coming to a close, and fall is almost upon us (thank goodness). There is nothing a girl loves more than fall: pumpkin flavored coffee, tailgates, huge sweaters, and for may...leggings. Leggings have gained lots of traction in the past decade and have become a staple in almost every girls wardrobe. For all of high school (and freshman year of college) leggings were the only thing i wore from October-May.

There was a time when I don't think I owned a single pair of jeans. Over the past year my preferences have changed, and i've come to the simple conclusion: I like leggings better than jeans. Before people start firing back, this has nothing to do with dress code reasons and "leggings not being pants."

I love to kick back in a cozy sweatshirt and leggings on a cold rainy afternoon, but they're no longer something I wear everyday. My biggest problem with jeans, was that I never could find a pair that fit properly and were comfortable. I suggest that girls who don't like the feel of still denim, hit up Charlotte Ruse and get a pair of jeggings. T

hey have the stretchiness and softness of leggings, but also the structure that is found in a solid pair of jeans. Some of my other favorite stores to buy jeans are: Aeropostale, Hollister, and American Eagle. They come in a variety and colors for a fairly reasonable price. Another reason why I prefer jeans over leggings, is because they're more versatile. While i've seen girls rock heels and a crop top with their favorite pair of Lululemon's, I personally just prefer the look of jeans better. You can wear them with a t-shirt to class and add a blazer and booties for your afternoon internship. In my opinion, a solid pair of jeans is a must have for every woman. So as you head out to do your back to school shopping, maybe add a pair of jeans to your shopping cart instead of your 8th pair of black leggings.