5 Underrated Travel Destinations

5 Underrated Travel Destinations

43
5 Underrated Travel Destinations
Expedia

Looking for a spot to travel but tired of all of the cliché destinations that Google, your friends, and everyone else in the world is recommending you? Look no further. Below are some of the most incredibly beautiful and unbelievably underrated locations to travel and a few reasons why you would absolutely love them.

1. Iceland

If you’re the type of person that prides yourself on being one with nature, Iceland is most definitely the vacation spot for you. Contrary to what the name of the country might lead you to believe, Iceland is filled with incredible greenery, blue skies and vibrantly colored waterfalls. You could lose yourself for hours wandering through the stunning scenery that this country provides, leaving all of your problems behind and focusing solely on the gift of nature that has been bestowed upon this Earth.

2. The Philippines

The Philippines is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. There’s nothing that can compare to the feeling of lounging in the shade of two palm trees, only a few feet from the bluest water you’ve ever laid your eyes on. The impressively clear water makes beaches in the Philippines excellent scuba diving spots—not to mention all of the exotic fish that reside in the waters. However, some of the most impressive features of the Philippines are its pink sand beaches. Head over to Google and see them for yourself!

3. Africa

Not only is Africa the place you can fulfill your lifelong childhood desire to pet zebras, ride elephants and see a wild giraffe before your very own eyes; it is also a country filled with incredibly exotic and exquisite scenery. Africa is filled with miles upon miles of greenery and beautiful white sand beaches. Africa is quite different from your typical travel experience, but that is what makes it all the more special. The stories and experiences you bring back home to your friends and family will be priceless and unlike any others.

4. Brazil

Brazil by day is gorgeous in itself, but Brazil by night is something you won’t want to miss. At sunset is when Brazil shows it’s true colors—and they are magnificent. The nightlife in Brazil is unlike any other country; this is mostly due to the people in Brazil. The vast majority of Brazilians are incredibly warm and welcoming. It is they who will make your experience in Brazil so positive and enjoyable, combined with the beauty that is the country itself.

5. The Cook Islands

To be completely blunt, the picture below speaks for itself. Who wouldn’t want to spend a few weeks of their life finding out what it was like to live in a cozy hut right on the water? The ocean surrounding the Cook Islands is icy blue and travels out for miles. This is the perfect destination to unwind and simply appreciate the mind-boggling beauty of your surroundings. P.S. It’s an incredibly romantic location as well, so if you’re looking for a place to honeymoon, don’t look past these islands.

The world is filled with hidden treasures; there's so much more to explore than just the places that are deemed travel-worthy by society. So travel, explore, and discover new things. The universe is at the palm of your hand!