How To Be Unapologetically Basic For Fall

Time to break out the basic!

50
Emily Kirwin

Alright, let's get this out of the way: I Am A Basic White Girl About The Season Fall. I typically shy away from a lot of Basic White Girl things but this season?? Absolutely not. I let my basic flag fly high. Let's look at some of the best ways you too can let out your basic this Autumn.

1. Instagram those leaves

Fall is a pretty season, okay?? Don't mind me as I fill up my Instafeed with beautiful pictures of Boston trees changing colors.

2. Apple picking & hayrides

Got a free weekend? Go apple picking with your friends! Maybe hitch a ride on a hayride and drink some hot apple cider. Don't forget to Instagram it either - or people won't know what you did during the months of fall!!

3. Wear blue jeans and brown boots

A staple to the Basic White Girl outfit, make sure your boots are buffed to start the season! If you don't have boots yet, I'm sure you'll find them soon - the stores are stocked. To complete the outfit, put on a vest or a green jacket - you'll stand out amongst the crowd!

4. Talk about how much you love Halloween

Don't forget to constantly remind people how much you love Halloween! Make sure to drop lines from "Hocus Pocus" and "The Nightmare Before Christmas" to show how quirky you are.

5. Start planning your Thanksgiving menu

It's never too early!!!! Think about all the potatoes that need to be mashed and baked and sliced and diced. Friendsgiving is also a super important date to keep in mind - will everyone be there???

6. Plaid. Everything.

Scarves, flannels, socks, shirts, skirts... if it's plaid, it's perfect to wear for the fall!!

7. Say how #thankful you are any chance you get

Whether it's in conversation, on social media or in the grocery store - let your voice be heard and tell the world how thankful you are! There's so much to be thankful for :)

8. Light a candle

Pumpkin Pie, Caramel Apple Cake or Autumn Leaves? How do you choose which to light?! Yankee Candle and Bath & Body Works are the places for all Fall flavored scents. Don't forget you only have 2 months left to have them lit!!

9. Steal your hookups' sweatshirts

Did I mention it's cuffing season? Summer has ended and if you don't have a boo, you might need to steal some sweatshirts. Once you start a sweatshirt collection, you won't have to buy a sweatshirt for years! What a deal!

10. Make a fall playlist

Add Hozier, Father John Misty, Vampire Weekend, James Vincent McMarrow, The Lumineers, Passenger, Bon Iver... you see where I'm going with this? Add them all to a playlist and then never stop listening to it until December 1st, when it's officially okay to listen to Christmas music.

11. Find your favorite Pumpkin Spice Latte

After Starbucks' creation of the PSL, all sorts of coffee places have begun to roll out their own versions. On Cosmopolitan Magazine's Snapchat Discover page a couple weeks ago, some editors ranked the PSLs from Starbucks, McDonalds and Dunkin. They decided McDonald's has the best PSL so go try it out! Grab some friends and rank your own PSL faves!!

12. Complain how cold it is when the temperature drops below 65 degrees

Most people don't like when the weather starts to get temperamental and layers become your best friend. The only way to get past this hatred is to complain about it all the time.

13. Buy the cat ears for your costume

Nothing says basic like a cat costume, right? Make sure all your bases are covered before Halloween and get the ears now! They'll probably sell out before you decide on what you want to be, so get to Target early!