Ugh, Here Comes Monday

Ugh, Here Comes Monday

Are you always dreading Mondays? Well, with some of these helpful tips, your Mondays can be better than ever.

69
Ugh, Here Comes Monday
"May your coffee be strong and your Monday be short..." -Unknown

I know we all dread when the weekend comes to an end and we have to go back to the grind of work, school, and all things alike, but maybe we can make Monday's better. Maybe if we make a difference in our mind set, we might actually start to look forward to Monday's.

Here's some tips that I think can help you love Mondays again.

1. Be prepared for the upcoming week. Have everything organized, the laundry done, meal prep (if you really want a good week and food), clothes put out for the next day, and go to bed at a decent time. Going to bed at a decent time will make you feel well rested for Monday and you will not be upset for not getting enough sleep and already hating Monday.

2. Have the mindset that Monday is just as good as Friday. Instead of thinking "oh no, here comes Monday; the weekend is ending and I have to start all over." Think instead, "I get a fresh new start. I get to make better choices, time manage, and have a better week than last week!"

3. Start your morning with some coffee and breakfast. We all know that America runs off coffee and caffeine. So grab your favorite coffee or energy drink, eat some breakfast, and start your morning feeling full and excited for the day. Coffee always makes any of my crappy days better, so maybe it could help yours too.

4. Go to the gym. Who doesn't love a good, morning workout that gets your heart rate racing and your endorphins going? I know that when I have had to get up early, especially on a Monday morning, that nothing makes the rest of the day feel better than knowing that I had already gone to the gym, got a good workout in, and you feel ready to kick Monday's butt.

5. Crank up the tunes. Whether you are working from home or making a long commute, crank up some of your favorite music and jam out. Even creating a new playlist that you listen to on Mondays with some throw-back songs will help put a smile on your face. With those endorphins going and your favorite music playing, you are just asking for a good start to your day and it is not even noon.

6. Do something that reminds you of the weekend. Monday does not have to be like the week if you do not let it. On your lunch break, go out to one of your favorite restaurants or go and sit outside while you eat your lunch. Anything that reminds you of the weekend, will help make Monday better.

7. Stay hydrated and bring healthy snacks. No one likes to be thirsty throughout the day or being hungry. So bring a big bottle of water to help keep you hydrated throughout the day and some of your favorite healthy snacks for when you are hungry.

8. Plan to have dinner with your friends after school or work. Nothing makes a day better than having something to look forward to. Plan ahead with your favorite pals to go out for dinner or even invite them over for a night in at your place. Whether it is just "Netflix and Chill" or tacos and drinks, let it be one of your favorite nights to get together with your friends.

9. Make sure to create a normal night routine. With creating new routines, comes with habits. So start making habits that you have dinner at a certain time, do dishes, laundry, etc. at a certain time, and also go to bed at a time that you will know that you will have plenty of sleep so that you won't be hating Tuesdays.

Here's to Mondays!