Two Steps Back, One Step Forward

Two Steps Back, One Step Forward

Yes, you read right. And I mean exactly what I say.

343
Two Steps Back, One Step Forward
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/04/04/6365847777619445542037258145_fashion-footwear-grass-631986.jpg

The phrase you might be more familiar with is, "Two steps forward, one step back."

When you live by this quote, it makes you feel that the world is against you. And there is no worse feeling than being discouraged or hopeless because you think the universe doesn't want you to get better or ever become successful.

Sometimes it might feel like you are taking a million steps back, moving on a downward trend, and losing everything you've worked so hard for. But struggle is necessary.

A small setback may not be enough for you to realize your own strength and unfortunately, sometimes it takes losing everything only to have everything.

But rather than looking at the drawbacks, I've learned you must take two steps back to take one step forward.

You take two steps back to see the big picture, then take one big step forward with great confidence. The reward is much greater knowing you understand your mistakes, learn from them, and move on.

The same mistakes should never happen twice. If it does, it just means you haven't caught onto what life is trying to tell you. When you make mistakes the first time around, don't run from the consequences. Before you know it, you will be running to avoid people, too.

The outcome? Loneliness.

Two steps back, one step forward, although progress may be slow, at least it is worthwhile. Don't get discouraged. #dailyaffirmations