I attended the 44th Annual March For Life, which was my first March for Life. It changed my life. I was pro-life to begin with, but my heart was filled with so much more love for life, so much more love for the Lord, and so much more hope for our future.
As I stood on the lawn in the shadow of the Washington monument and listened to the many speakers, moved to tears, eventually crying heavily because I was so overwhelmed, some statements really stood out to me, so much that I can not help but share them.
Vice President Mike Pence
1. "Life is winning again in America."
2. "Our president is a man with broad shoulders and a big heart."
3. "I like to say over there at sixteen hundred Pennsylvania Avenue, we're in the promise keeping business."
4. "When it comes to matters of the heart, there is nothing stronger than gentleness."
Kellyanne Conway, Senior Counselor to President Trump
5. "I am Kellyanne Conway. I am a wife, a mother, a Catholic, counselor to the President of the United States of America, and yes, I am pro life."
6. "It is no coincidence that the first right cited in the Declaration of Independence is the right to life. It is a right. It is not a privilege. It is not a choice. It is God given and it is unique and it is beautiful. This dismissive notion of 'out of sight out of mind' is over."
Jeanne Mancini, March For Life President
7. "Pro-life is pro-women."
8. "In the words of one of my heroes St. Teresa of Calcutta maybe better known as Mother Teresa, 'abortion is profoundly anti-women'. Abortion doesn't empower women, choosing life empowers women."
9. "Pro-life is the new normal"
Rep. Chris Smith, New Jersey
10. "I ask the press, please tell the truth about the deed of abortion and what it does to babies and what it does to the mother."
Rep. Mia Love, Utah
11. "Every time we kill a child through abortion, we kill our potential."
12. "My fellow Americans, we cannot accept what might have been."
13. "May God bless our women that are struggling with unplanned pregnancies. May we love them. May we embrace them. May we help them discover their power and their potential. But may we never, ever allow our funds to pay for the death of young children."
Sen. Joni Ernst, Iowa
14. "What I am asking today above all else, what I am wishing for all Americans, whether they are born or unborn, is that they know peace, that they know love and that they all might be touched by the grace of God."
Abby Johnson, Former Planned Parenthood Director and founder of “And Then There Were None”
15. "In the past four years we have helped 330 abortion workers leave the industry."
16. "For me it was a thirteen week old baby in the womb that changed my life. One person, you can change the course of another person's life."
17. "We will see a day when abortion is unthinkable in our country."
Eric Metaxas, #1 New York Times Bestselling Author and host of The Eric Metaxas Show.
18. "Jesus is Lord. ABC News, are you covering that? ABC News, are you covering this? You want to see the women of America? Here they are! This is the inclusive march, where as long as you are alive and a human being, you are welcome at this march."
19. "We are all sinners, we all need the forgiveness of the God of the Bible, and we pray that this message of love and forgiveness would get out to the women of America, that the God of the bible and everyone who follows Him loves those women who have made this tragic choice, and want to extend the love of Jesus to those women."
20. "Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have not thought a lot about blowing up Madonna's house. And the reason I have not thought a lot about blowing up Madonna's house is because the Lord I follow commands me to love my enemies, because I and many of us here are Jesus freaks, and we obey the Lord of life."
I strongly recommend that you take the time to watch all of the speeches in full, and experience some of what I experienced. There are amazing, profound messages that were proclaimed that I did not include in this article. There is emotion and togetherness that can only be felt through witnessing the speeches first hand. So take the time and watch. It may change your life.
And if you loved Eric Metaxas's comment about many of us being "Jesus freaks" as much as I did, check out my article "I'm A Jesus Freak And I'm Proud" because yes I sure am!