Truth Is: Relationships Are Not Perfect

Truth Is: Relationships Are Not Perfect

And that's what makes them such a beautiful bond.

1092
Truth Is: Relationships Are Not Perfect
SCStyleCaster

Relationships are a perfectly imperfect bond. They are more than hanging out and saying “I love you.” They are not just a fairytale straight out of a movie, they are reality. I’m not saying there aren’t plenty of fairytale moments, but there’s going to be unavoidable disagreements and struggles. There’s going to be stress after a long day of work, but the beauty is overcoming the tough times and being each other’s support. Choosing each other every day despite our flaws is an amazing ability. The point of it is, at the end of the day that person is special enough to see past the flaws and disagreements and work through the issues with you and you choose to do the same.

You’re two individual people who grew up in different households, not everything is going to be agreed upon, you weren’t raised off of a step-by-step instructions manual. We all have a past that will explain a lot of why we are the person we are today, and you should want to learn about this person, explore there mind, and be sensitive of the memories they're afraid to touch upon. You're constantly discovering more about each other every day and there will be concepts you disagree with, but you have to be willing to hear out their reasoning, meet in the middle and work through it. Learn from the other’s experience. Create a medium but also let each other continue to be individuals, because our choices, interests, and opinions make us unique, and it would be weird to agree with absolutely everything truthfully. Its a balance, a give and take cycle, even with the little details like what plays on the car radio. You simply cant be selfish, and honestly, you’ll probably find some of your partner’s interests and taste rubbing off on you. Let it.

Your partner cant read your mind, so communicate. Ladies, I’m guilty in the past of assuming my boyfriend should have caught onto one of my hints, but truth is, it’s not always going to happen. Men have a different thought process, and although they can be total romantics when they want to be, they will not always know what you want. So be truthful and upfront, you can drop hints, but don’t be disappointed if they didn't catch on that time around. You gotta love 'em for it, right?

Despite the truths of reality, relationships are so special. Don’t get me wrong, they still are about the hanging out and “I love you,” but they’re so much more, full of deep connections. It is such a comforting feeling to rest next to someone and just melt into their arms. You need that alone time together and you should want to spill out those three words. For all of these reasons, relationships are beautiful. You are making the decision to be with one person and they are deciding to be with you. Don’t expect perfection, expect happiness by allowing it.