Mother And Daughter Trust Exercises: A Tattoo Journey

I trust her with everything I have.

67
w-dog.net

Trust is everything.

Designing tattoos together meant putting each other's trust at a higher level than usual.

My mom is my best friend.

Many of you may be able to say that and many of you may not, but my mom is and always will be my best friend.

I would pick her over anyone most days not only because she is the person that gave birth to me but because we have a strong connection that can never be broken. She is my person.

We trust each other, with a lot actually. We tell each other when people are bothering us; we tell each other when our days were just so terrible or we even when they were so wonderful. I tell her all of my secrets, and she listens.

I trust her with everything I have; she hasn't given me a reason not to trust her.

A while back when we were in Michigan for a girls weekend with her sisters, I saw a Buzzfeed video of a mom and daughter getting tattoos with each other, and they both designed a tattoo for one another as a trust exercise.

Here's the video link:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/bencoleman2/moms-and-daug...

I was amazed by this video and wanted to do it with my mom, so I asked her how she felt about it, and she told me how much my dad hated tattoos, and I said well I'll ask him!

So I asked him, and he said yes! So my mom and I discussed if she'd actually do it and we talked about getting them done for her birthday.

My planning process began, and hers did as well. I just kept thinking she would give me something pretty meaningful but of course, I couldn't help but be nervous. I had no idea what she wanted to put on my body, but she had no idea what I wanted on hers either. This was a test of our trust for one another. This was my third tattoo while this was only her first.

Friday, June 2nd on her birthday we walked into the tattoo shop, and we had our designs planned out for each other. My mom went first because it was her first tattoo. I was so excited to see what she thought of the design I chose for her.

This is what I chose:

I chose a bee because her dad had some inside jokes with bees and it's just what we associate bees with. I thought it might be a friendly reminder that he was always with her. Bees are also incredibly hard working just like my mom. As much as my mom may hate her job or even complain sometimes, she works so hard for her job because she cares. The symbol at the bottom that the bee makes is a serenity symbol because it is her favorite prayer. I knew she'd love it and I was so excited to see her reaction!

Up next it was me. I was excited but nervous to see what my mom chose for me. Although I was nervous, I knew she wouldn't put anything crazy on my body.

These were my results:

The meaning behind it was BEAUTIFUL. I loved the message behind the starfish tattoo and how "renew" was in my mom's handwriting. I fell in love with what my mom chose for me.

This was a huge step for us in our relationship. She means the world to me regardless of what happens between us. She will always be my rock. She is the best mom a girl could ever ask for. She is patient, kind, caring, loving, hard working, amazing, beautiful, and so many other things I wish I could write about but we would be here all day.

My mom is my major support system. I call her for anything about anything any time of the day. I talk to her, I hug her, she is my rock.

She is someone that will simply never ever give up on me and for that I love her more than words can express.