Open Letter to My Dad on Father's Day

Open Letter to My Dad on Father's Day

Thank you for being you.

5201
Open Letter to My Dad on Father's Day

Dad,

Happy Father's Day! I'm so thankful that I am able to give you a hug, and tell you how much I love you today. I feel incredibly lucky to have you as a role model. I know I don’t take the time to say thank you enough, so I would just like to tell you how much I truly appreciate everything you do.

Thank you for teaching me the value of hard work. As a child, I saw you get up early every morning and come home late at night. You showed me that in order to be successful, you must strive for greatness. Laziness will get you nowhere, and giving up is not an option. I’m so grateful for everything you have provided for our family through your hard work.

Thank you for being patient. Whether it was teaching me how to ride a bike or how to drive a car, you always tried to be calm and collected. But most importantly, thank you for being cognizant of the fact that I’m still a kid and I will make mistakes. Your understanding when I mess up has shown me that it’s okay to have imperfections.

Thank you for showing me how I deserve to be treated. You’ve taught me that I should not settle for anyone less than the best. Watching you and Mom interact has taught me valuable lessons about love and relationships. You have set an example of being respectful and communicating. This is something that I hope to mimic in my future relationships.

Thank you for making me laugh. Your sense of humor has gotten me through many hard times over the years. I love that you can say something totally dorky but still think you’re the coolest dad around. I’ll let you in on a little secret, though -- you are a pretty cool dad, regardless of what I say when you embarrass me.

Finally, thank you for being supportive and loving me unconditionally. To quote, Taylor Swift, “you were always on my side, even when I was wrong." You showed me how to fight for what I believe in and you encouraged me to pursue my passions. I’m positive that no matter where life takes me, you will be standing on the sidelines cheering me on. I’m so blessed to have a dad who loves me no matter what.

So, on Father’s Day and every other day, thank you for being you. I wouldn’t be who I am today without you, Dad!

Love,

Your daughter