Trumps First 100 Days Have Been Yuge

Trumps First 100 Days Have Been Yuge

All of Trumps Executive Orders so far described so normal people can understand them!

9
Trumps First 100 Days Have Been Yuge
flickr

Trump has been president of the United States for 11 days and he has wasted no time pissing people off. Prez Trump started signing executive orders on day one, enacting major changes across the country with a mere flick of his pen.

It is important for us as Americans to understand what is coming out of the White House because it affects us all. That being said, here is a list of all the executive orders Trump has issued so far in his first 100 days! You can read the orders themselves here!

*this article wll be continuously updated as Trumps first 100 days continue*

First, what the heck is an executive order?

An executive order is a written order issued by the president to the government that does not need congressional approval. An executive order has to work within the confines of the law and if it is deemed questionable, it can be subject to legal review and overrided!

Not to be confused with Presidential Memoranda!

Orders are often organizational, used to create new, executive branch committees, impose sanctions, declare states of emergency, etc. Memoranda are used to delegate tasks and reports assigned by congress, start a process or direct a specific department or agency to do something!

1. Minimizing the Economic Burden of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

Basically says that agencies must "waive, defer, grant exemptions from, or delay" any portion of Obamacare that creates a financial burden on the states. It basically just states that executive agencies have to execute powers they already have and while it doesn't have much of an immediate impact, it goes to show that Trump definitely plans to roll back Obama's healthcare regulations.

2. Expediting Environmental Reviews and Approvals for High-Priority Infrastructure Projects

The idea behind this is to create jobs, increase wages, make America more competitive, and reduce the cost of goods and services by investing in our infrastructure projects that have been put on the back burner. These projects include repairing the U.S. electric grid and telecommunications systems and reporting/upgrading critical port facilities, airports, bridges, highways, and yes, pipelines.

3. Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States

The U.S. already has laws spelling out what is and is not legal regarding immigration. This order basically instructs executive departments and agencies to employ those laws and essentially find and send all illegal immigrants/aliens back to their homelands. Especially all the drug dealing, rapists amiright?

4. Border Security and Immigration Enforcement Improvements

Build The Wall! This order calls for a wall to be built on the southern border of the United States as well as detaining individuals who are suspected of violating federal and state law (immigration law). The order does not, however, specify who is paying for it.

5. Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry Into the United States

This order calls for "extreme vetting" of refugees and temporarily halts immigration of refugees from several Muslim-majority countries for a period of 120 days. After which the department of state and other agencies will come up with new and better vetting processes for refugees (even though vetting processes are already pretty intense).

6. Ethics Commitments by Executive Branch Appointees

Anyone who takes a government post who used to be a lobbyist should not do anything "lobby" related for a period of two years!

7. Reducing Federal Regulations Through a One-In Two-Out Policy Among Other Measures

Requires agencies to revoke two regulations for every new rule they want to issue. This is intended to dramatically reduce federal regulations!