5 Reasons Why Donald Trump Would Be a Good President
Politics

My personal take on why Donald Trump is the right choice on November 8th.

30
Time.com

The United States hasn’t seen a Presidential election like this in the history of the country. The entire populace is split between two people. Some would say both are completely crazy and off their rockers, others would say one is a “lesser evil” than the other, while still yet some simply refuse to vote. This article is about what many want to understand, why people think Donald Trump will make a good President, and furthermore, why Hillary Clinton is not fit to serve. To avoid bias in this article, I will be using non-partisan sources and governmental sources from appropriate agencies.

First, a quick opinion. If you are one of the people who chooses not to vote, I have a large amount of disrespect for you. As of yesterday, October 27, 2016, 1,196,967 Americans have died in all U.S. Wars. That means that I have 1,196,967 reasons why you should vote. I have massive disrespect for ANYONE who refrains from casting a ballot simply because they don’t like the choices. Over a million people have died giving you that right, and you throw it away just because you don’t like the choices. The way that I perceive you is much like a toddler throwing a fit because they didn’t get a piece of candy. It’s childish, immature, and disrespectful to those people who sacrificed and died, as well as their families. There is no excuse for it. Period. By all means, cast a vote for Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck, but don't throw your vote away and act so childish.

Now, on to the real reason why I’m writing this article. There are numerous reasons why Donald Trump would make a good President. The largest hurdle obstructing my explanation of this subject is that the most pressing points differs greatly with each person. Since each person cares about different topics, it’s hard to narrow down what specifically are the most effective to mention. I will limit myself to 10 or maybe 15 points. Without further ado, let’s get started.

1.The Tax Plan

Donald Trump’s tax plan will simplify America’s current tax law into something significantly easier to understand. As of 2014, and according to The Tax Foundation, the tax code at that point in time including all statutes, regulations, and caselaw was over 70,000 pages long. If there was ever a point in time where we need to update our Nation’s laws and regulations, now would be the time, and the tax code is what should start the process. Donald Trump has admitted that he has taken advantage of the tax code by way of various loopholes. Who else would be an expert in fixing the tax code than a person who took advantage of it in the first place? As I already stated, it’s already over 70,000 pages long, and there are still loopholes. In all honesty, sometimes throwing something in the fire and completely starting over is a good thing.

On a side note, for those who would say that he’s only changing the tax code for his own benefit, you’re wrong. If you go to his website and actually read the tax plan, it states that these changes would be for everyone. The tax plan doesn’t have an asterisk that says “*only for Donald J Trump.”

2.Trade

Donald Trump is a businessman and an entrepreneur. His fortune was made by international business specialized in the real estate market. He owns hotels and resorts, all of which run off the supplies required to keep his guests happy. To get those supplies, he must be familiar with, or potentially even an expert of, international trade deals. Without this knowledge, he wouldn’t have any idea what could and could not be supplied to his locations around the world. Governmental regulations dictate these types of things. For a petty example, the Northwest Angle of Minnesota was thrown into the spotlight in 1997 when the residents suggested succeeding from the United States. The reason? They couldn’t bring the fish they caught in the Angle, an area of Minnesota surrounded by Canada, into the United States due to regulation in place at the time. What regulation? The North American Free Trade Agreement, or NAFTA. Donald Trump has experience in trade deals of his own accord, so it wouldn’t be much of a change to add international diplomacy to the mix.

3.Economy

Through the removal of governmental regulation, Donald Trump plans to boost the economy and “make America great again” by adding 25 Million jobs. His website states that for every point added to the GDP of the US, 1.2 Million jobs are created. Okun’s Law states that there is a positive relationship between unemployment rates and Gross Domestic Product. Specifically, Okun’s Law states that for every one-percent drop in unemployment, there is a three-percent gain on Gross Domestic Product. Donald Trump is basically saying that he will use his experience in business to make America a business nation. He would do this by removing unnecessary regulation and allowing businesses to grow.

4.Relationship with ethnic voters

Donald Trump’s claims on various ethnic communities came across very defamatory and he could have worded his positions differently. However, he is correct. The New Century Foundation describes itself as follows; “New Century Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1994 to study immigration and race relations so as to better understand the consequences of America’s increasing diversity.” (New Century Foundation, 1990) The New Century Foundation publishes a study regularly called “The Color of Crime.” In the 2016 revised release of The Color of Crime, there were ten major findings. One of which would surprise many people. “In an all-white Chicago, murder would decline 90 percent, rape by 81 percent, and robbery by 90 percent.” (Rubenstein, 2016) This figure was representative of all crime in Chicago minus the crimes of all minorities.

5.Immigration and “The Wall”

In a Fortune article written by The Associated Press, “Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on,” his campaign says in a release.” Immediately, Mr. Trump began to catch flak for his comments. Over time, news articles were trying to paint his clarifications into radical changes in policy. Of course, these changes are not radical in nature, nor is the idea of banning travel to certain classes of immigrants. President Jimmy Carter banned Iranian citizens and their families from entering the United States following the attack on an American embassy in Tehran that resulted in American hostages being taken. It is completely within the President’s authority to restrict access to the United States for anything he deems to be a threat to the national security of the United States. This power is defined in 8 U.S. Code § 1182 and in the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952. While this power is quite heavily defined, it is present to be used. While Mr. Trump talks about his plans to “build a wall,” I personally believe this to be both literal and metaphorical. He routinely speaks about reforming the immigration process, and he talks about “building the wall.” I firmly believe that he is serious about building a physical structure between the U.S. and Mexico. It would mainly be there to curb illegal immigration and drug smuggling. All of this put together in a simple way, Mr. Trump is seriously upping his game with strengthening the United States both physically and economically.

References:

The Associated Press. (2016, June 28). How Donald Trump’s plan to ban Muslims has evolved. Retrieved October 28, 2016, from Leadership, http://fortune.com/2016/06/28/donald-trump-muslim-...

Defense Manpower Data Center. (2003, May ). Defense Casualty Analysis System. Retrieved October 28, 2016, from https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/dcas/pages/casualties.xht...

Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. Policies. Retrieved October 28, 2016, from https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/

Investopedia (2003). Okun’s law. In . Retrieved from http://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/okunslaw.asp

New Century Foundation. (1990). The color of crime. Retrieved October 28, 2016, from http://www.amren.com/the-color-of-crime/

Rubenstein, E. S. (2016). The color of crime race, crime, and justice in America 2016 revised edition. Retrieved from http://2kpcwh2r7phz1nq4jj237m22.wpengine.netdna-cd...

The Tax Foundation. (2014, April 15). How many words are in the tax code? Retrieved from http://taxfoundation.org/blog/how-many-words-are-t...

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. (2016). America’s wars department of veterans affairs. Retrieved from http://www.va.gov/opa/publications/factsheets/fs_a...