President Trump Said He Won't Visit The Late John Lewis, And This Represents Everything Wrong With His Leadership

Donald Trump announced that he won't visit Civil Rights activist John Lewis' body as he was laid to rest in the state capital, and this is really just another move indicative of his whole presidency.

See, Lewis had said he didn't view Trump as a legitimate president back in 2017. Trump responded in his typical fashion, with a flood of tweets bashing Lewis.

Lewis was one of the greatest Civil Rights leaders of all time, to bash him and take his name through the mud is a low blow, even for Trump. It really does match the tone of his presidency, though, throwing a fit and calling people names and holding grudges.

Donald Trump is not a leader. Plain and simple, he just isn't a leader, or at least not the type of leader we need representing our country.

When you're little, your parents and teachers teach you how to "use your words" and kindly tell someone you don't like it. They teach you to control your anger and to not call people names. But this is exactly what our president does, and it's honestly just sad to me.

He took a grudge from 2017 and held that over Lewis' head, feeling like he had the last laugh by not visiting him as he was laid to rest.

But that's not what being president is about, nor will it ever be about that. It's about being a leader, being someone that kids, teenagers and adults can look up to regardless of politics. It's someone you can look at and say, "Even though I don't agree with him or her, I can respect them."

People don't say that about Trump, and that's a problem.

Our upcoming generations need people they can look up to in a world full of complete chaos. I don't want the future generations looking up to someone like Trump thinking it's OK to solve their problems through name calling and grudges because that's not OK after the age of five.

Do better, President Trump, because this isn't about you, it's not about your personal feelings. It's about being a leader, being a role model and being someone people can look up to.