True Life: I Got A Shopping Concussion

True Life: I Got A Shopping Concussion

Beware of the dressing room dangers...

25
True Life: I Got A Shopping Concussion
thegloss

I'm sure you're thinking that I got a little too aggressive while I was shopping on Black Friday, and this is what resulted. I was in a full-blown race to the crazy TV deal at the back of the store, didn't look both ways and BAM collision with another shopper. Now wouldn't that be a good story? But, my story actually entails a shopping injury that proves to be one of the most embarrassing moments in my life so far. I laugh every time I think about it. It wasn't Black Friday; it was just an ordinary outing to the mall.

You know the feeling... you found that awesome sale on a really cute shirt. The excitement to try it on is unreal because YOU JUST LOVE IT SO MUCH. When you attempt to put the shirt on, you realize it's one of those dressier shirts that literally has no stretch to it at all. Getting the shirt off is the biggest hassle of your life. You even have to call a friend in for backup. This picture below is an accurate representation of the situation. I feel the pain of this toddler on a whole other level. Hang in there bud, you'll be able to breathe soon:

My roommate and I were laughing uncontrollably at my predicament because I honestly couldn't tell you how I got so entangled in that shirt. The whole time I'm just thinking if it's even worth it to go through this struggle each time that I go to wear it. Beauty is pain.... RIGHT?! I finally get my arms free and all that's left is my head. I was so excited that I finally escaped the suffocation trap, and I aggressively flung my head backwards totally forgetting that the dressing room door was so close to me. BANG, you could probably hear the collision from anywhere in the store. I don't think I've ever hit my head that hard before. I honestly tried to play it off like it didn't hurt because getting stuck in a shirt is embarrassing enough. My roommate and I were cracking up at this point because that was just the biggest struggle. (I even bought the shirt because it was too cheap to leave.... LITTLE DID I KNOW...)

Later that night, I had the biggest headache of my life. I honestly thought I was getting the flu... just what I needed before Thanksgiving break. I just felt so crappy. My roommate even joked saying, "What if you're concussed?"... I just kept saying that I don't remember hitting my head ever so that's impossible. But, I didn't even think about the fact that I hit the back of my head full-force on the dressing room door. Getting a concussion from hitting my head on a dressing room door, no way?

My symptoms got even worse the next day. It had to be a concussion, no doubt. It took me a couple days to gain the courage to make my way over to the trainers. I couldn't bear telling them that I was concussed not even from doing anything athletic. I've heard of plenty of people that got concussed at parties or from doing stupid stuff. I have never heard of anything like mine.... BECAUSE IT JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN. I got stuck in a shirt for god's sake. How would I even start the conversation?

After telling my trainer, she laughed. I mean I laugh every time I tell the story because it's just so ridiculous. While my teammates were suffering from concussions they endured playing lacrosse, I just kept laughing at the fact that I got concussed shopping... just my luck.

The only bonus of the entire experience was that I got to start break early.... except I didn't leave the couch for the first couple of days.... sleeping.... sleeping.... and sleeping for hours on end. One second I was laughing uncontrollably, and the next it was like:

I couldn't find a relief for my headache at all.... so i created an invention I like to call the "Concussed Ice Pack". A jelly ice pack on the top of my head held on by another ice pack you can use around your eyes. It actually worked pretty well, I'm not going to lie. Everyone loved my concussion selfies on SnapChat that night!

SO, HERE'S MY ADVICE TO YOU:

Never underestimate the dangers of shopping. The dressing room is waiting to take it's next victim, so escape that shirt entrapment with caution, and use your mom or friend as a barrier from that door. I don't wish a shopping concussion on my worst enemy. You'll fear dressing rooms for the rest of your life. Trust me, I do.

P.S. Every time I wear the shirt, I'm just like "Guys, this is the shirt that concussed me." Hahaha